1. Diderot's rating of the film Man Hunt

One of Lang's lesser-viewed thrillers and thoroughly satisfying. George Sanders plays the most impossibly British German commander, and Joan Bennett is still charming while barely holding her accent.

2. FISCHER's rating of the film Man Hunt

Un intéressant film d'aventures doublé d'une efficace propagande anti-nazie, une oeuvre vraiment prenante et un excellent moment de cinéma... www.cinefiches.com

3. Howard Fritzson's rating of the film Man Hunt

The book "Rogue Male" by Geoffrey Household is soooooooo much better.

4. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Man Hunt

Joan does Hedy in one of the worst cockney accents ever put on film. George Sanders is absolutely amazing, and Walter Pidgeon and Fritz Lang do their part for the war effort. It was labeled propaganda at the time, but the appeasement clearly wasn't working. Read Kasman's article on this film. It has great insights on Lang's methodology.

5. @MrEdDylan's rating of the film Man Hunt

6. kubrickhallway's rating of the film Man Hunt

Lang was pretty daring to helm this film about an attempted assassination of Adolf Hitler in 1941, shortly after leaving Germany and before the US had even entered WWII. Thoroughly engaging, beautifully shot, and expertly directed - don't skip this one.

7. Thomas's rating of the film Man Hunt

Part noir, part melodrama and a wholly satisfying thriller. The plot unravels at a grippingly steady, brisk pace. The cinematography is crisp and sharp, but also wonderfully subdued when it needs to be, perfectly complementing the foggy London locations where the story mainly takes place. John Carradine's sinister performance as Pidgeon's relentless pursuer is genuinely chilling and maniacally terrifying.

8. Louise_Dietrich's rating of the film Man Hunt

I don't know what this film was trying to be...

9. ASHES IN THE HOURGLASS's rating of the film Man Hunt

Though obviously a propaganda film against the nazis, it doesn't entirely let the other countries off the hook by criticizing their lack of action. With such a subject matter, you'd think this would be rather dark and pessimistic, which it slightly is near the end, but it is mostly light-hearted and tonally similar to North By Northwest and The 39 Steps. Politically didactic but also an immensely watchable Lang.

10. Amadeus Magnus's rating of the film Man Hunt

Great opening but rest is boring.

11. Ingrid Bergman's rating of the film Man Hunt

Great storyline masterfully directed by Fritz Lang and featuring talented actors. However, Joan Bennett's attempt at a British accent was dreadful (and that's being polite) and the script wasn't great especially the dialogues between the 2 leads.

12. Effendi Ben Smith-Malick's rating of the film Man Hunt

It ruined one of my favorite books by adding useless shit and in no way being as dirty and tense, but it's by Fritz Lang and has pretty good acting (except for the worst "British" woman in film history) for a script that is pretty shitty. Nerd brain explode word no make write good. Ugg. Fuck it. It sucked. Sorry Mr. Lang.

13. João Eça's rating of the film Man Hunt

an espionage thriller with some noir qualities, this fritz lang masterpiece is not only a romantic tour de force as the first anti-nazi film in cinema history. with a powerful cast (pidgeon, bennet, sanders, mcdowall, carradine), gorgeous photography, incredible locations and atmosphere, this film is all about one thing: the will of every single person to fight for what he believes in: love and humanity, most of all.

14. chanandre's rating of the film Man Hunt

[Cinémathèque PT #300: 35 mm]

15. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Man Hunt

I don't know whether you're like me or not but when I see 'Man Hunt' I smell the masterpiece from the first minute of the film on. I don't need to analyze the movie, I don't need to thoroughly examine the credits to inwardly feel that what I'm seeing is worthy to stay in the annals of Cinema. When I spend 105 minutes without looking at my watch, it's enough for me. Respect. Indispensable. See it on Blu-Ray.