1. Bob's rating of the film Man on Fire

Rich variations of green and blue palette accompanied with appropriate music selection - whether it is acoustic guitar, mariachi or synth - create an unique atmosphere, through which heat of Mexican streets can be almost felt. Well structured story and unusual use of violence for your average action thriller, bring an epic journey of revenge and redemption through which 2 and a half hours run pretty quickly.

2. Erica Narduzzi's rating of the film Man on Fire

3. Ethan's rating of the film Man on Fire

Denzel Washington gives a powerhouse performance in this art house action film. Tony Scott was a true visionary filmmaker that made you feel every ounce of emotion in his films and this one was a start of a brand new style of his that he would continue for the rest of his career.

4. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film Man on Fire

Denzel Washington is highly effective as hired gun, but Hollywood are cowards and don't dare go through with the darker part of the source novel and the ending is much weaker and makes no sense. Tony Scott's glossy and never-boring music video style editing and direction help the film become a entertaining popcorn movie, but the potential with this movie is a lot huger than what they managed.

5. Chihao Tsang's rating of the film Man on Fire

6. MiloBOK's rating of the film Man on Fire

An intense if predictable action thriller from Tony Scott - it's not one of his best and certainly not original but Washington's performance is effective and it's certainly watchable. Unfortunately, there's too many quick cuts that can make it jarring but despite this it still manages to be entertaining.

7. Graham Ball's rating of the film Man on Fire

I love Denzel 'The one man avenging angel' Washington! "I'm going to find anyone who was involved in this and had anything to do with the kidnapping of that little girl and I am going to kill them!' (I am paraphrasing) And you know he frigging will people!

8. Leif Erikson's rating of the film Man on Fire

Forgiveness is between them and God. It's my job to arrange the meeting.

9. V.S. Luoma-aho's rating of the film Man on Fire

Over the top stylistic craziness. It's so pointless and dumb it hurts.

10. lowplacelikehome's rating of the film Man on Fire

11. Mark O. Stack's rating of the film Man on Fire

12. Jørgen Lien's rating of the film Man on Fire

13. Thomas's rating of the film Man on Fire

14. StevO's rating of the film Man on Fire

The redemption story of a brutal assassin who becomes the avenging angel of a little girl. Touching

15. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film Man on Fire

"Lolita" + a to-often-appreciated sentimental dishonesty.

16. morals and dogma's rating of the film Man on Fire

17. film_lies101's rating of the film Man on Fire

Sometimes the visual become way too caffeinated but this was solid

18. Rattzz Matanzano's rating of the film Man on Fire

19. Carina Rodrigues's rating of the film Man on Fire

20. 4LOM's rating of the film Man on Fire

Selten wurde Selbstjustiz in ein solch "cooles" (man kann auch sagen: nervtötendes) Gewand verpackt und als dermaßen gerechtfertig dargestellt, wie in diesem Film. Ekelhaft!

21. Duncan Gray's rating of the film Man on Fire

Tony Scott at the height of his visual power, held back by some, shall we say, disturbing ideological undertones that make the beauty the ugliest he ever shot. The second half plays a bit too much like a disturbing movie pretending to be fun, only justifiable if you want to call it ironic. Makes me miss Lang, a master of revenge, who knew how to strike the right tone of moral ambiguity. 3 stars.

22. Fabio Ornelas's rating of the film Man on Fire

Decent performances by Denzel and Dakota and a quite interesting story ruined by the overdone video clip edition.

23. Petri E.'s rating of the film Man on Fire

Way too long but the deranged visuals kept me interested.

24. Kenrick Block's rating of the film Man on Fire

I get why people criticize this film but I haven't had a film bring real tears to my eyes in so long. I just love it and all of it's darkness. It seems too honest and sad to come from someone who is constantly claimed to be working in the "main stream".