1. Alex Hall's rating of the film Man With a Movie Camera

What a feat, and a feast. Particularly amazing with the Cinematic Orchestra soundtrack.

2. ________b's rating of the film Man With a Movie Camera

my first panic attack in film class

3. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film Man With a Movie Camera

4. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film Man With a Movie Camera

Pure image and it’s glorious power.

5. Juliana Senra's rating of the film Man With a Movie Camera

The only art form cinema is unable to detach itself from is poetry.

6. FISCHER's rating of the film Man With a Movie Camera

Un des cinquante films essentiels du Septième Art ! www.cinefiches.com

7. MistaRichard's rating of the film Man With a Movie Camera

8. Superfrog's rating of the film Man With a Movie Camera

Technically Stunning and probably more than a century early, it is a bit like a frantic version of Giallo's visitors. It does advertise that it does not have a script or explanations at the start, I would have liked a heavy layer of symbolism on top for full marks. The best rushes do not make a film by themselves. Interesting to see after L'enfer d'Henri-George Clouzot.

9. Gabriele Malagoli's rating of the film Man With a Movie Camera

Never heard a more engaging soundtrack in any other silent movie

10. vizija's rating of the film Man With a Movie Camera

stop motion art, nice try...

11. Jérémy Poirier's rating of the film Man With a Movie Camera

An amazing avant-garde documentary following a man and his movie camera. We, the viewer, see the cities he visits with his eyes. Or his camera's eye. Or his camera's eye perceived through the man's eyes. This eye shows us the city, its architecture, its people, its streets and its machinery. The film uses a lot of editing techniques used today like slow motion, stop motion and fast cuts. An essential experience.

12. Faustgelopoulos's rating of the film Man With a Movie Camera

The art of making the ordinary look extraordinary

13. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Man With a Movie Camera

14. Aardsy's rating of the film Man With a Movie Camera

15. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film Man With a Movie Camera

So many arresting shots and sequences. So many great contrasts and comparisons between the clean and the dirty, birth and death, film-editing and spinning thread, etc. And through it all, Vertov keeps his audience aware of the camera, as he sprinkles omniscient overlays throughout the film.

16. Viktoribosio's rating of the film Man With a Movie Camera

4 stars and not 5 because Dziga Vertov released this movie in 1929 without any soundtracks.

17. cinegeek.de's rating of the film Man With a Movie Camera

Our Daily Free Stream: Vertov - Man With A Movie Camera. Leicht vorstellbar, wie sehr das Publikum im Jahr 1929, dem Jahr als Vertovs Man With A Movie Camera ins Kino kam, überfordert gewesen sein muss. Während der Stummfilm-Ära war das Publikum gewohnt, dass Einstellungen zehn Sekunden oder länger andauerten. Hier waren es zwei Sekunden - eine Geschwindigkeit, die uns moderne Blockbuster zumuten(...)

18. Chris's rating of the film Man With a Movie Camera

I don't know how to praise this without sounding like some obnoxious """"cinephile"""" so.... it's good

19. bagno's rating of the film Man With a Movie Camera

20. Marjan Mar's rating of the film Man With a Movie Camera

21. Francisco Mouraz's rating of the film Man With a Movie Camera

22. Finbar Somers's rating of the film Man With a Movie Camera

I imagine it can be a very different film depending on the soundtrack, but The Cinematic Orchestra made one helluva go at it

23. weinbrandbabsi's rating of the film Man With a Movie Camera

I'm too hungover for everything past basic spelling so I won't say much, which is a shame, cause a lot could be said about it - truly brilliant. I recommend you watch this and then go read some of the 38234234 other texts that have been written on it

24. kubrickhallway's rating of the film Man With a Movie Camera

It flies by, full of life. Camera stuntmen and ahead of its time editing make this essential cinema.