1. gaussian's rating of the film Manchester by the Sea

i like this less because casey is gross (sorry not sorry) lucas hedges was okay most of the time and the script dec. idk it just did not speak to my soul

2. callum mclaughlin's rating of the film Manchester by the Sea

At one point in the film, and I cannot remember when, but at one point I forgot that I was watching a film and instead I was completely absorbed into Leo’s melancholic mind. ‘Manchester by the Sea’ I wanted to watch for hours. A true working man's film that offers a fresh approach to grief and one that made me cry, reflect upon my own life, and experiences, and that's a truly extraordinary power for a film to have.

3. Louis Robert's rating of the film Manchester by the Sea

Wow, that was human. Everything that appears on screen seems to be the unfiltered truth. Oh and the way that the tragedies unfold under your eyes to gradually understand all the grief packed into Affleck’s character, genius.

4. Thomas Dods's rating of the film Manchester by the Sea

A superb and nuanced meditation on family and grief, spliced with scenes of jet back humour. Afleck is perfect - a restrained performance which hints at his rage beneath the surface, while Lonergan's script and unfussy yet well crafted direction support him. The central tragedy is revealed in a scene which is a genuine suckerpunch. The ending is unresolved - a brave move but correct. Lee just can't beat his grief.

5. MisterColo93's rating of the film Manchester by the Sea

6. Ulrich JARLØV's rating of the film Manchester by the Sea

The same things that bogged down Margaret (2011) bogs down this - tonedeaf scenes and dialogue, over-acting (except for Affleck's beautifully understated performance), over-length, embarrassing use of music, TV movie aesthetics and mise-en-scène. No, I don't pray to the church of Lonergan and I swear I'll never be converted.

7. Victor Morosoff's rating of the film Manchester by the Sea

8. Pasha's rating of the film Manchester by the Sea

Casey Affleck is immaculately brilliant. But yes, heaps of sadness.

9. gigicogo's rating of the film Manchester by the Sea

Uno dei film drammatici più duri ma allo stesso tempo poetici, che abbia mai visto. Mai banale, mai scontato. Ti sferra una serie di pugni nello stomaco che ti aiutano a capire come la sofferenza sia qualcosa a cui non si può e non si deve soccombere. A qualcosa ci si deve aggrappare. Bisogna solo trovarlo e seguirlo.

10. film_lies101's rating of the film Manchester by the Sea

Casey Affleck is a rape-y shitbag, but this was a solid drama that was felt mostly derivative

11. pumpkindraconis's rating of the film Manchester by the Sea

Emotion overload, non-stop, which was beautiful. Cinematography had its own melancholy. Loved the storytelling, dialogues felt real. Music use had a great effect on storytelling. Acting was sincere, Michelle Williams killed it a little for me.

12. NUGA's rating of the film Manchester by the Sea

No doubt appealing for it's performances but for a such heartbreaking film it left me with an outstanding feeling of indifference. The story was structured in flashbacks that serve as an exposition filled way to create "intrigue" and nothing else. The use (or lack of) of the soundtrack is not only well suited for the movie but also a refreshing film experience for the likes of Hollywood studios.

13. Célio g.'s rating of the film Manchester by the Sea

14. Malik Dowdy's rating of the film Manchester by the Sea

Wanted so bad for relief to be brought to this otherwise depressing tale, but at the end, thats the point, and I now understand that.

15. Carlos Tejeda's rating of the film Manchester by the Sea

Artículo (suplemento cultural "It's playtime"): https://lamiradadealbert.wordpress.com/2017/04/07/manchester-frente-al-mar-kenneth-lonergan/

16. Amandio Filipe Moura's rating of the film Manchester by the Sea

A sensitive character study that feels profoundly human

17. Francisco Félix's rating of the film Manchester by the Sea

18. Pango's rating of the film Manchester by the Sea

Raw and poignant. It does not look for pietism or easy tears. Michelle Williams 12 minutes on screen are just an expiable of incredibly powerful acting.

19. carlo tagliazucca's rating of the film Manchester by the Sea

2 e mezzo, orridi ralenti e musica della scena del funerale

20. mikemero@googlemail.com's rating of the film Manchester by the Sea

I had a lot of sympathy for the characters but not the film itself. The music in particular was so overpowering times I wondered if I had a pop up ad running in the background.

21. tintinmugshot's rating of the film Manchester by the Sea

22. stampede steve's rating of the film Manchester by the Sea

I wonder if the Manchester Sea is deep as this film.

23. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Manchester by the Sea

Martin Scorsese's 'Shutter Island' revisited by a naturalist director. Already forgotten.

24. RumbleFish's rating of the film Manchester by the Sea

Trama da soap, messa in scena alla Hopper