1. Bernardo Anderson's rating of the film Manda Bala

One of the most well done documentaries I've ever seen. Beautiful, unbelievable story, and interesting characters. This has everything.

2. Gui Danner's rating of the film Manda Bala

This movie still unseen in brazilian theaters, baned from Federal Deputy's

3. rita amal's rating of the film Manda Bala

4. Moses Lumpkin's rating of the film Manda Bala

When the rich steal from the poor. The poor steal the rich.

5. Gabe's rating of the film Manda Bala

As a Brazilian-American I'm a little torn. On one hand this film lacks context. The characters lack depth and context, leading to a caricatured viewpoint that may reinforce stereotypes. On the other hand, the characters and stories are just damn interesting even without deep exploration. Also, since I speak portuguese, the dialogue format could not have been more perfect. Is it Brasploitation? I'm not sure.

6. Joriah Goad's rating of the film Manda Bala

The level of style in this film is so thick and so cleverly mounted. Imagine if early Peter Yates and Errol Morris got together and made a cinematic doc. Beautiful cinematography, steady drift; one of the top 10 greatest documentaries ever made.

7. Fernando Beltran y Puga's rating of the film Manda Bala

This movie was banned in Brazil due to the influence of one of the subjects more heavily criticized in the movie. Great documentary! You can see Errol Morris' influence (the director worked with him). Some parts of the movie feel like a narrative film. shot in 35mm for a more cinematic feel.