1. Daniel Roque's rating of the film Manderlay

Whenever there's a cast changing in a sequel, there's a part of me that wonders how better it would have been maintaining the original actors - Bryce Dallas Howard did a competent job, but at the time (and even now) she's not a Nicole Kidman.

2. lesminho's rating of the film Manderlay

3. Erik F.'s rating of the film Manderlay

4. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Manderlay

I think the reception of this movie says a lot about America. Those believing it to be anti-American are probably the first to proclaim U.S. moral superiority over the rest of the world. They just can't handle any criticism. I call myself a liberal, and this movie is very critical of liberal thinking, but I think that criticism is valid. What you're dealing with here is some truths about the human condition.

5. Tolga Yaz's rating of the film Manderlay

A masterwork, and one of the greatest sequels ever. The middle film of Trier's American triology broadly portrays racism and the legacy of slavery in 1930s.

6. Ethan's rating of the film Manderlay

Like all von Trier films this is another gut punch that forces people to look upon their own shittiness and he perfectly captures the hypocrisy of the American ideal and how we underestimate each other based off of something as trivial as race. It would seem that von Trier is trying to tell us that no matter how good we think we are we are just as shitty as everyone else.

7. Juan's rating of the film Manderlay

Genial, despiadada, sarcástica, temible.

8. Epinephrin's rating of the film Manderlay

the female main character had an annoying voice. I found the progress of the story too slow and I fell asleep a few times. This says it all. But it has some good points.

9. Joana China's rating of the film Manderlay

At Manderlay we slaves took supper at seven. When do people take supper when they're free? We don't know these things.

10. David Sindmark Hörnfeldt's rating of the film Manderlay

Not so much a movie as a prolonged argument about how hiearchies such as race and class always opress the powerless. I think the tragic flaw of Grace is that she practices a doctrine of liberal niceness when she should've agitated marxist dialectic (slave + ruler = revolution). Now, Grace tries to teach the slaves to be free, just replacing their old masters, instead of making them free themselves.

11. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Manderlay

12. fred boswell's rating of the film Manderlay

Enfant Terrible Lars Von Trier transposed B.B's Causation Chalk Circle and place it during 30's prohibition I love how he smash the mirror into the golden face of America's dark history: Slavery.

13. Jorge's rating of the film Manderlay

7/10 Buena pelicula sobre relaciones humanas, muy buenas actuaciones.

14. wiwitaek's rating of the film Manderlay

Despite the fact that in my opinion Manderlay is pretty predictable, I still love it. I can't believe I finished Dogville and Manderlay in a row. 3 and 2 hours feels like only 15 minutes.

15. Tibulle85's rating of the film Manderlay

Sur un thème proche, Von Trier et Tarantino ont produit deux fables aussi brillantes que radicalement distinctes. Face a la disproportion fantasmatique et cathartique d'un Django, Manderlay pose une abstraction toute en ambiguïtés, bien davantage nourrie aux "post-colonial studies" (on pense à l’œuvre de Frantz Fanon par ex.). Le générique de fin est un sommet de noirceur sarcastique. Et ce film transpire le talent!

16. Julius GL's rating of the film Manderlay

Des comédiens habités, une voix-off savoureuse, un conte politique méchant, une recherche artistique constante.

17. Ma-rewind's rating of the film Manderlay

Ayant vénéré Dogville, j'avais un peu peur d'être déçue par cette suite (comme cela est souvent le cas). Et bien, pas du tout. Ce n'est pas une suite à proprement parler (pas les mêmes acteurs, pas de trop fortes références avec l'histoire de Dogville, ...). Par contre, on y retrouve ce mode de huis clos unique, cette extrême sobriété et ce regard sans fard sur la nature humaine. Presque aussi magistral que Dogville.

18. Vincent Balcer's rating of the film Manderlay

Excellent sequel, less powerful than Dogville but still very well shot.

19. Christophe's rating of the film Manderlay

Lars Von triers est un incorrigible moraliste et un très grand cinéaste

20. Michael H. CLAES's rating of the film Manderlay

DOGVILLE sequel. VON TRIER is boring at times but one accepts long demonstrations for their strong conclusions. In Manderlay end credits, the images of racism on BOWIE's "Young Americans" are simply awesome! ==== Suite de Dogville. Parfois ennuyeux, VON TRIER, mais acceptons ses longues démonstrations pour ses conclusions fortes. En générique de fin, les images du racisme sur "Young Americans" de BOWIE, magistral!

21. Gustavo Razera's rating of the film Manderlay

Blunter and more concise in its point-making than its predecessor, and all the better for it. Von Trier isn't a filmmaker for whom subtlety has much use. A cinematic provocation that shows how much well-meaning "saviors" can hypocritically resemble what they fight against when it comes to imposing their own viewpoint.

22. Belal_kalash's rating of the film Manderlay

Human being is fascism after all, not only when you make them a slaves, also when they choose to be slaves for the good of everybody, when they are not ready to the jungle outside so to let themselves free, when keep voting toward the system which takes power and managing their life, and no matter if they are white, black, jews or arabs, they are all slaves to hypocrisy and fascism, inside and from the outside.

23. Cheval Tatin's rating of the film Manderlay

C'est dans les vieux pots qu'on fait les meilleures soupes.

24. Ixquimil's rating of the film Manderlay

¡Que buena película! La dirección es muy buena y la actuación de Dallas es maravillosa. Espero con ansias la conclusión de la trilogía