1. Victor Morosoff's rating of the film Manhattan Murder Mystery

2. Dalibor's rating of the film Manhattan Murder Mystery

Likable little multi-genre film, balancing suspense and marital drama so nonchalantly it's both alluring and disappointing. Because in the end it's hard to grasp anything more profound than just a semi-parody of classical crime films, with a few knowing and too blatantly put cinematic references. Which is not all bad, given that it's not a bad slice of humor, but could have excelled with some extra writing put to it.

3. FISCHER's rating of the film Manhattan Murder Mystery

Après la "relative" déception causée par "Maris et femmes", cette éblouissante et frénétique comédie ne manquera pas de satisfaire jusqu'au plus exigeants... www.cinefiches.com

4. Balthaz21's rating of the film Manhattan Murder Mystery

5. Rodrigo Morais's rating of the film Manhattan Murder Mystery

6. Alex Pintică's rating of the film Manhattan Murder Mystery

7. Leif Erikson's rating of the film Manhattan Murder Mystery

My life is passing before my eyes. The worst part about it is that I'm driving a used car.

8. Zac Weber's rating of the film Manhattan Murder Mystery

"Do you remember I took you to see Last Year at Marienbad on our first date?"—"Yeah, I had to explain it to you for six months."—"Who knew they were flashbacks?"

9. Renton47's rating of the film Manhattan Murder Mystery

Empty-nesters get bored of life alone so they go to a movie - or is that they make a movie? The act of narrative construction weaves between fairly standard affair fare, and then comes audio editing and Welles as if it wasn't evident enough. The resolution is a bit too kind to 'lightweight reading', but maybe escapism IS essential for our love lives. Enjoyable, slight.

10. Maksym Rooban's rating of the film Manhattan Murder Mystery

amazing scene with Diane Keaton burgling into neighbor's apartment

11. hazal ilbay's rating of the film Manhattan Murder Mystery

Sympa! Quand je me sens un peu déprimée je regarde Woody et ça me fait toujours bien :-))

12. J.J. 'Jake' Gittes's rating of the film Manhattan Murder Mystery

This is very likable, I laughed-out loud several times. One of the better Woody-Allen-movies although less (or for my taste not enough) relationship-oriented or to say 'hidden under the murder mystery storyline'. Very good dialogues, intelligently written & you never know until the end: is there a murder mystery, or not? Great entry with "I happen to like New York"! Mrs. Keaton's wardrobe was disappointing for me.

13. Thom Whyte's rating of the film Manhattan Murder Mystery

The mystery escalates with increasing absurdity and hilarity, but it is the main relationship that provides the most insight and interest. Scenes play out with a charming sort of anarchy. Woody Allen is very... Woody Allen. Take that as you will.

14. Bogdan Liviu's rating of the film Manhattan Murder Mystery

The perfect movie to watch with your loved one. "My life is passing in front of my eyes. The worst part is I'm driving a used car." ; "Claustrophobia and a dead body. This is a neurotic's jackpot." ; "Couldn't you keep the conversation going longer? I was signaling you. - I was trying to be neighborly. Neighborly? If this guy showed me his stamps one more time... My favorite thing is to look at cancelled postage."

15. janh24's rating of the film Manhattan Murder Mystery

One of Woody's greater 90's efforts.

16. Ashley Spendlove's rating of the film Manhattan Murder Mystery

At times the quickfire repartee grates but there are also some classic Allen-style laugh out loud moments. Keaton makes a welcome return, her reactions and physical comedy at the heart of the film. Structurally interesting too, the way Allen uses the excitement of the chase to expose the marriage cracks. Overall not top tier Allen but entertaining nevertheless.

17. Queens Drive's rating of the film Manhattan Murder Mystery

A movie constituted from one emotion can be brilliant. Very theatrical while all the dialogues and conversations are nothing more than excellently normal. And yes, we are always constructing scenes, most of them are dramatic, and yet those bombs are ready to explode.

18. somerseson's rating of the film Manhattan Murder Mystery

Enjoyable and funny. This felt like the sort of film a filmmaker makes to elaborate on a theme or to provide diversity to a body of work that has become predictable without really wanting to break the pattern of what they have made before; but I really liked moments of this film. Woody Allen keeps all of the funny lines for himself. The plot is flimsy but it holds up for just about long enough.

19. Joseph Howe's rating of the film Manhattan Murder Mystery

"I like Woody Allen films but I'm never sure about that weird, nervous guy who's always in them"

20. al bal's rating of the film Manhattan Murder Mystery

probably the most 'normal' woody allen film, and a strangely appropriate yet dreamy view of mid-life mid-marriage love

21. Emily Austin's rating of the film Manhattan Murder Mystery

Woody Allen almost at his best, great natural dialogue and acting.

22. Chihao Tsang's rating of the film Manhattan Murder Mystery

Watched when I was a kid, still good today

23. Imelda Says's rating of the film Manhattan Murder Mystery

Oh shut up, Woody Allen, shut up shut up SHUT UP, your wittering is witless. Cannot watch this man in anything any more, his face looks like someone has poured custard into a rubber glove.

24. raggiodisole's rating of the film Manhattan Murder Mystery

One of the better later Woody Allen films. That jittery style and ratatat delivery of lines and photography never lets you settle and delivers moderate delights with some great lines thrown in

← Previous 1 3 4