1. QNorris9001's rating of the film Manhunter

Tom Noonan's portrayal of the Tooth Fairy is spectacular.

2. Gregory Francis Wendt's rating of the film Manhunter

Absolutely boring and very dated. Poor writing and acting. Nothing much happens for long stretches and it feels like bad early to mid-70's cinema. Waste of time.

3. Nicole's rating of the film Manhunter

The music here is still the greatest thing STRONG AS I AM

4. Zach Kipple's rating of the film Manhunter

There is an eerie atmosphere you get when you watch this film. The characters are complex, which make them intriguing to watch and at some points i find myself understanding and rooting for them. The cinematography is masterfully done in a setting that is rare to find in movies.

5. Timbo of Boston's rating of the film Manhunter

This 80’s Michael Mann film is dated by use the music but makes art out of a procedural, psychological, horror film.The tension between the low key acting and the editing of beautifully framed and composed images make this film work. Mann's visceral shooting goes high, low, close-up and long. It zips along and then slows down to let the psychology sink in. Noonan, Peterson are riveting. Cox and Farina are perfect.

6. muse_x's rating of the film Manhunter

"Groovy party, Marsha." whotta soundtrack, esp. Iron Butterfly's magnum, which has now been completely recontextualized. Oddly enough that was the first lp I bought, LOL.

7. Fab S's rating of the film Manhunter

Sometimes it ages a lot, sometimes you are surprised to realize it is a cult that set the foundations to future great suspense thrillers. It is a pure product of the 80's, very stereotypical at some point but with its own imagery and style.

8. Kunyuk Melempar Buah's rating of the film Manhunter

William Petersen kayak pemain bokep era 70an

9. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film Manhunter

3-3.5. Works better as individual parts more than a whole. There's a thematic divide between the meat of the killer's story (seeing) and Will's (escaping a psychological space) and so much of Will's story (though tightly plotted) is only barely connected to Francis. Francis' story is where the movie fires on all cylinders, echoing films like Peeping Tom as a treatise on 'the look' in horror.

10. Tyler Tripp's rating of the film Manhunter

Michael Mann's predecessor to (the all too well known) "Silence of the Lambs" has a surprising amount of creative verve for a film that wasn't deemed with the same canonized reaction that Jonathan Demme's picture had back in 91. That said this hidden gem (while nothing like Demme's) is a quiet triumph for fans of the Hannibal trilogy and film goers alike. Mann's minimalistic masterpiece is a decadent surprise treat.

11. zubee's rating of the film Manhunter

12. RHPC's rating of the film Manhunter

I wasn't aware that Michael Mann had been promoted to "master American filmmaker." I didn't vote for him! This reminded me of early 80's TV. I don't think the products of that era have aged well and neither has this. There is one plus: as far as I can recall, there is no montage.

13. Brooke clevinger's rating of the film Manhunter

Excellent plot, always makes you wonder what will come next. Ending in a victory and a happy ending with Wills family. Mystery/ crime movies like this one you definitely know who the protagonist and antagonist are from the start. Love how all the pieces fall right in place at the end. You find out who the killer is, where he is, and saves the girl all in the same swoop. This was one interesting film.

14. Alexzander Reichley's rating of the film Manhunter

This movie is very good, it is cathartic,gritty and really well done. The characters are intriguing and the movie possesses an atmosphere that you just do not get now a days

15. Kyle Bentley's rating of the film Manhunter

Manhunter was an excellent narrative of a man trying to track down a psychotic serial killer. The film was well made with great cinematography (including peaceful lakeside views as well as dark surreal, nightmarish dwellings.) The real flair of the film was the choice of soundtrack and how it's unlikely style gave the film quite a spin from the ordinary and provided extra entertainment.

16. Troy Herscovici's rating of the film Manhunter

This is still an amazing movie. While its not as good as the other movies about Hannibal Lector it is still a great movie. This movie does suffer from some 80s cheesiness like the soft rock song at the ending it still worth watching. Brian Cox does a good job as the serial killer Hannibal, but he doesnt compare to Anthony Hopkins in Silence of the Lambs. Do yourself a favor and watch this movie.

17. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Manhunter

I'm one of those people who prefers this to the Hopkins films. I prefer the artistic stylings of a Michael Mann to the Demme/Scott/Ratner trifecta of pain. I want to have fun, not regret my choice for the rest of my life (Hello, brains).

18. David R Williams's rating of the film Manhunter

Love this film. Better than "Silence of the Lambs".

19. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Manhunter

7.4/10, “Mann's trademark palette configuration and forensic methodology upstage the rest in the first cinema adaptation of Thomas Harris' Hannibal Lector novels.” my review- https://wp.me/p1eXom-3Eg

20. Nelson Núñez's rating of the film Manhunter

Esta película superó todas mis expectativas. Un thriller formidable y estilizado que apuesta a la investigación de los inquietantes crímenes sin necesidad de mostrarlos directamente. Todo el pasaje que revela el lado humano y compasivo de Dollarhyde, le da una fuerza y complejidad enormes. Me atrevería a decir que es tan buena como The Silence of the Lambs.

21. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film Manhunter

And at the end of the day the man who was hunted was me.

22. Matthew's rating of the film Manhunter

Overrated in the extreme. Cheesy and much dumber than the source material. Laughable soundtrack. Puzzled by the critical consensus that this is somehow a great film.

23. /Achinkurure/'s rating of the film Manhunter

24. Adam GR's rating of the film Manhunter

A stylish, economical tribute to Thomas Harris' complex and sensitive world, erred by Michael Mann's bouts of machismo. Moments of saturation created visceral depth...those mirrored eyes. But the climax is ridiculously stunted (in editing and story; like Will Graham needlessly gets two cops killed because he needs to jump through a window instead of shooting his gun). Noonan and Allen play it well.

← Previous 1 3 4 5