1. FISCHER's rating of the film Man's Favorite Sport?

Merveilleuse petite comédie américaine, suave et délirante, qui joue efficacement sur un superbe enchaînement de quiproquos, soutenue par une solide interprétation de ses principaux acteurs... www.cinefiches.com

2. nessmj's rating of the film Man's Favorite Sport?

kind of iffy on where I am on this. portions were classic Hawks, but I am easing into his later films. the general feel and texture (both visual and aural) struck me as overwhelmingly 60's, particularly the score. this being an homage to one of this earlier films (Bringing Up Baby) endeared this film a bit more for me. in spite of some incongruous sensibilities being displayed, still love Hawks.

3. Ethan's rating of the film Man's Favorite Sport?

Howard Hawks remade his classic film Bringing Up Baby with this film. It's not as good as Bringing Up Baby but it's still an entertaining film.

4. Star Lord's rating of the film Man's Favorite Sport?

Lo sport preferito dall'uomo. Un bel film sulla pesca, il migliore mai fatto.

5. Emily O's rating of the film Man's Favorite Sport?

6. José Neves's rating of the film Man's Favorite Sport?

"Desire" list: love as parody. It could have been one of Sirk's, but this is the film in which Rock Hudson's supposed virility is threatened, interrogated, playfully put to the test and never assumed as unquestionable fact. I do not claim that Hawks was a pioneer of gender studies, but for a current look and after the sad public history of Hudson, i can't look at this hunk here otherwise. And it's a joyful look.

7. Tomi Mendel's rating of the film Man's Favorite Sport?

A fascinating, probably inadvertent allegory for closeted homosexuality, as suggested in ROCK HUDSON'S HOME MOVIES. This pop cultural subtext envelops the movie and resonates in every joke about Hudson's antagonistic relationship with fish. Meanwhile, as a comedy, Howard Hawks works brilliantly with Rock's stiffness, imbuing the film with some of the same laid back, nature-doc qualities as MR. HULOT'S HOLIDAY.

8. Amadeus Magnus's rating of the film Man's Favorite Sport?

Kind of Bringing Up Baby's remake with better casting.