1. spasmolytic's rating of the film Maps to the Stars

Truth be told, I watch this all the time. I don't know why exactly. Now you know.

2. Carlos Tejeda's rating of the film Maps to the Stars

Artículo (suplemento cultural "It's playtime"): https://lamiradadealbert.wordpress.com/2015/03/07/maps-to-the-stars-david-cronenberg/

3. schmutz-fugen's rating of the film Maps to the Stars

4. Louisa Savignon's rating of the film Maps to the Stars

3.5 // an outsider appears to destroy some ludicrous lives in dirty hollywood. i dug it. julianne moore is kicking asses!!! i just felt pattinson doesn't quite work

5. FISCHER's rating of the film Maps to the Stars

Le jadis pertinent, voire perturbant Cronenberg nous sert une mixture souvent fade et prétentieuse que le convenu festival de Cannes sanctifie avec délectation par le prix d'interprétation féminine décerné à Julianne Moore pour ses errements hystériques et ses insistantes et concomitantes flatulences... www.cinefiches.com

6. †. Kennedy Pope's rating of the film Maps to the Stars

Despite the mixed reviews I've seen, I thought this was a brilliant criticism of the human cogs that make up capitalist Hollywood. While each character holds some unique eccentricity, they share a common hollowness. As each horrific personal revelation is revealed as their lives begin to coalesce, we feel nothing for them, even as an arguably sympathetic audience; and I think that's the feeling Cronenberg wanted.

7. Dalibor's rating of the film Maps to the Stars

Quasi-satire of Hollywood's decadence failing with its ridiculous plot. Weird motifs are the only thing keeping interest in this piece until it becomes obvious they're nothing but a skin-deep symbolism being randomly shuffled. Accomplishing nothing by it Cronenberg thus enhances his recent obsession with "hidden controversy" going as desperate as killing off his crew for absolutely no reason.

8. f-nanda's rating of the film Maps to the Stars

WTF was that fire? WWWWWWTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF! This is a masterpiece of shit.

9. film_lies101's rating of the film Maps to the Stars

Hollywood as a family of incestuous, psychotic assholes.

10. Christopher McQuain's rating of the film Maps to the Stars

11. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Maps to the Stars

12. kubrickhallway's rating of the film Maps to the Stars

Sadly, its the direction that's lacking here. Cronenberg sets up a scathing satire only to bring us a ghost story that's better suited for day time television. There is also a scene with laughably bad CGI that was impressive in all the wrong ways. A rare misfire from a brilliant filmmaker.

13. Graveyard Poet's rating of the film Maps to the Stars

What an utter waste of time. Tries to be funny, fails. Tries to be serious, fails. Mia Wasikowska's character is the only one to connect with. This movie is a mess.

14. ANGSTZUSTAND's rating of the film Maps to the Stars

15. auloel's rating of the film Maps to the Stars

This film give me headache.

16. Karl J. Kipling's rating of the film Maps to the Stars

What's the problem with this Cronenberg dude? Someone strangle his pet puppy in front of him when he was a kid or what? This one's exceedingly unpleasant, as usual. Gallery of ghouls behaving ghoulishly... but it's so trashy and trite, everything about it.

17. érzéki's rating of the film Maps to the Stars

Julianne Moore and Julianne Moore and Julianne Moore... I love you Julianne Moore. But what it feels like to watch this movie is what it feels like to throw up oatmeal and your own bile

18. tumultodevozes's rating of the film Maps to the Stars

19. AdrianM.'s rating of the film Maps to the Stars

Somewhere in a dark corner from the depths of my soul I think I did enjoy it

20. lostlevel's rating of the film Maps to the Stars

Afterwards I was left wondering what/why any of that happened. Despite that I enjoyed it and the performances all round, even ones I love to hate were good in this.

21. James Mackin's rating of the film Maps to the Stars

22. T-Cruise's rating of the film Maps to the Stars

23. cinegeek.de's rating of the film Maps to the Stars

Ich bezweifle, ob die Themen und Situationen von Maps To The Stars tief genug herausgearbeitet worden sind, um die brilliante Regie sowie die grossen Schauspieler zu verdienen. Die Geschichte und wie die Charaktere miteinander verbunden werden, macht auf mich einen gekünstelten Eindruck... die ganze Rezension sowie die für uns wichtigsten Filme "Hollywood über sich" auf cinegeek.de

24. Àlex Frias Haro's rating of the film Maps to the Stars

La visión de David Cronenberg sobre el star system de Hollywood, impecablemente actuada por Mia Wasikowska y Julianne Moore, es retorcida, inquietante y, en ocasiones, surreal, pero fría, distante, e indiferente hacía sus propios temas y personajes. Ni muy crítica, ni al nivel de lo mejor del realizador.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7