1. colortear's rating of the film Maps to the Stars

I really wanted to like this. The characters needed more development. Cronenberg stuffed too many plot lines into one movie. It tied together decently but not in a satisfying or meaningful way for me. Interesting direction.

2. Adam Whybray's rating of the film Maps to the Stars

2.5 stars. Ugly. Laughing while trying to swallow vomit. I'd need to be a good deal more misanthropic to really enjoy this film, though a lot of fun can be had tracing back its thematic undercurrents to more splattery excesses in early Cronenberg. For those who own Kenneth Anger's 'Hollywood Babylon' and don't feel guilty about it.

3. Didier Pigeon-Perreault's rating of the film Maps to the Stars

4. caprica_six's rating of the film Maps to the Stars

Map To the Stars was so bad that even a whole month after watching it, I still find my mind drifting back to about how uniquely, mindbogglingly terrible it was. Julianne Moore's performance is solid but it can't make up for the shoddy way she's written, nor can it in any way salvage the rest of the film. But what was perhaps most shocking to me was that Cronenberg of all people would make a film so visually //dull//.

5. cinebaby's rating of the film Maps to the Stars

Lol so masturbatory of Hollywood -- nice ensemble cast and pretty original plot though

6. spasmolytic's rating of the film Maps to the Stars

Truth be told, I watch this all the time. I don't know why exactly. Now you know.

7. Carlos Tejeda's rating of the film Maps to the Stars

Artículo (suplemento cultural "It's playtime"): https://lamiradadealbert.wordpress.com/2015/03/07/maps-to-the-stars-david-cronenberg/

8. schmutz-fugen's rating of the film Maps to the Stars

9. Louisa Savignon's rating of the film Maps to the Stars

3.5 // an outsider appears to destroy some ludicrous lives in dirty hollywood. i dug it. julianne moore is kicking asses!!! i just felt pattinson doesn't quite work

10. FISCHER's rating of the film Maps to the Stars

Le jadis pertinent, voire perturbant Cronenberg nous sert une mixture souvent fade et prétentieuse que le convenu festival de Cannes sanctifie avec délectation par le prix d'interprétation féminine décerné à Julianne Moore pour ses errements hystériques et ses insistantes et concomitantes flatulences... www.cinefiches.com

11. †. Kennedy Pope's rating of the film Maps to the Stars

Despite the mixed reviews I've seen, I thought this was a brilliant criticism of the human cogs that make up capitalist Hollywood. While each character holds some unique eccentricity, they share a common hollowness. As each horrific personal revelation is revealed as their lives begin to coalesce, we feel nothing for them, even as an arguably sympathetic audience; and I think that's the feeling Cronenberg wanted.

12. Dalibor's rating of the film Maps to the Stars

Quasi-satire of Hollywood's decadence failing with its ridiculous plot. Weird motifs are the only thing keeping interest in this piece until it becomes obvious they're nothing but a skin-deep symbolism being randomly shuffled. Accomplishing nothing by it Cronenberg thus enhances his recent obsession with "hidden controversy" going as desperate as killing off his crew for absolutely no reason.

13. f-nanda's rating of the film Maps to the Stars

WTF was that fire? WWWWWWTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF! This is a masterpiece of shit.

14. film_lies101's rating of the film Maps to the Stars

Hollywood as a family of incestuous, psychotic assholes.

15. Christopher McQuain's rating of the film Maps to the Stars

16. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Maps to the Stars

17. kubrickhallway's rating of the film Maps to the Stars

Sadly, its the direction that's lacking here. Cronenberg sets up a scathing satire only to bring us a ghost story that's better suited for day time television. There is also a scene with laughably bad CGI that was impressive in all the wrong ways. A rare misfire from a brilliant filmmaker.

18. Graveyard Poet's rating of the film Maps to the Stars

What an utter waste of time. Tries to be funny, fails. Tries to be serious, fails. Mia Wasikowska's character is the only one to connect with. This movie is a mess.

19. ANGSTZUSTAND's rating of the film Maps to the Stars

20. auloel's rating of the film Maps to the Stars

This film give me headache.

21. Karl J. Kipling's rating of the film Maps to the Stars

What's the problem with this Cronenberg dude? Someone strangle his pet puppy in front of him when he was a kid or what? This one's exceedingly unpleasant, as usual. Gallery of ghouls behaving ghoulishly... but it's so trashy and trite, everything about it.

22. érzéki's rating of the film Maps to the Stars

Julianne Moore and Julianne Moore and Julianne Moore... I love you Julianne Moore. But what it feels like to watch this movie is what it feels like to throw up oatmeal and your own bile

23. tumultodevozes's rating of the film Maps to the Stars

24. AdrianM.'s rating of the film Maps to the Stars

Somewhere in a dark corner from the depths of my soul I think I did enjoy it

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7