1. Jimmi HRS's rating of the film Maps to the Stars

I hate that Cronenberg even bothered tackling the whole cliché morally corrupted, Hollywood narcissist plot. It is so incredibly overdone and leaves a lot to be desired. This would have to be one of the most mediocre and visually dull films I have ever seen by him. It lacks any of his usual trademark audacity for the bizarre and grotesque, and left me feeling totally disappointed. Don't waste your time.

2. Amandio Filipe Moura's rating of the film Maps to the Stars

Dark and twisted Hollywood tale from David Cronenberg (3.0/5)

3. deniz y.'s rating of the film Maps to the Stars

4. Risya's rating of the film Maps to the Stars

Meh. There weren't much philosophical depth, its not the Cronenberg that were expected. It has some good black comedy though here and there.

5. J. O.'s rating of the film Maps to the Stars

Certainly an interesting film, to say the least. Narcissism and self-involvement in Hollywood is certainly nothing new, but Cronenberg strives to push into new, depraved territory. Somewhere close to Ellis, but not quite. The performances were clunky, awkward, and sometimes just plain bad - but perhaps, at least in part, this was intentional. In any case, stars deducted for that horrible CGI fire.

6. lukasbicho's rating of the film Maps to the Stars

Aunque no llega a gran película, Cronenberg nunca decepciona, y en los personajes de Moore y Cusack consigue una buena sátira del Hollywood actual. Hay fantasmagoría y mucha new age, es decir, esos elementos que tanto gustan a las estrellas. Momentos buenos y otros no tanto, pero mucho ácido contra las banalidades de L.A.

7. Dada Kubin's rating of the film Maps to the Stars

You might need to be a Cronenberg-fan to like this, but luckily I am. And my favourite Cronenbergs are from the 80s and 90s; the atmosphere of Maps is close I think to Dead Ringers and Crash. Maps hasn't got the most original script but the good characters carry the film. It's all very exaggerated but that's what creates the eerie atmosphere and makes the film worthwhile.

8. Chevalier de Pas's rating of the film Maps to the Stars

9. Samuel Donath's rating of the film Maps to the Stars

Pointless. Yes....yes...interesting acting. It tried to be shocking, but it is a waste of money. This director disappoints more often than not since the 1990's.

10. Cichlisuite's rating of the film Maps to the Stars

2.75 Far, far from Cronenberg's best. The satire seems well targeted but perhaps too well, making for an unpleasant (a Cronenberg motif I guess) view. For me it was the wrong kind of unpleasant, if you know what I mean. You could also say that the target was an easy and rather obvious one.

11. Lights in the Dusk's rating of the film Maps to the Stars

Begins like Theorem by way of The Player; a strange visitor infiltrating a network of Hollywood caricatures with the intention of destroying them from within. Blunt tinsel town satire (à la The Canyons) soon mutates into a hysterical Mommie Dearest-style psychodrama full of ghosts, vulgarity, ugliness and ultra-violence. I'm not sure how succinctly the entire thing is supposed to connect, but it's powerful, in parts.

12. Justin Senkbile's rating of the film Maps to the Stars

13. paxy's rating of the film Maps to the Stars

14. yasdnil's rating of the film Maps to the Stars

An ensemble of deeply twisted characters working within Hollywood contrasts with the slow, empty plot that is their daily lives. Things get interesting toward the second half, but I expected better from Cronenberg.

15. Giulia Galbarini's rating of the film Maps to the Stars

On passionless absence / On naked solitude / On the marches of death / I write your name

16. nouvelle vague 1960's rating of the film Maps to the Stars

I'm not sure if this is classic Cronenberg, or just average.I think it will take another look,before I can decide. What I can say,is that the cast,especially Julianne Moore, is excellent. The film is a satire on the underbelly of Hollywood,full of incest,madness and murder!In fact,its a Greek Tragedy set in the Hollywood hills. The American Dream, become the American Nightmare.

17. Bambarambambam's rating of the film Maps to the Stars

Adakah yang waras disana? Ah, apa itu waras.

18. smndvdcl's rating of the film Maps to the Stars

The failed American Dream remains a premise full of mileage, as so many disparate strands of contemporary society represent it. None more so than LA. Cronenberg on form.

19. Paul Narvaez's rating of the film Maps to the Stars

This was by far the worst Cronenberg film I've ever watched. Tired, cliched, tedious and stupid. When you've made movies for 40 years and had a chance to distill all that knowledge and life experience and ended up with this...it's really time to pack it in.

20. Perianu Lory's rating of the film Maps to the Stars

21. Orpheusfx's rating of the film Maps to the Stars

Cheap shots. Female hysterics. No new ideas.

22. Rafael Fonseca's rating of the film Maps to the Stars

This is fucked up. I wish I could rate it higher because there are some really powerful moments here. Unfortunately it all feels so... loose. I'm really at a loss here to explain why it didn't work. Cronenberg always makes me jump from my seat though, several times. People say it shined in its black comedy. Maybe I took the film more seriously than it is.

23. Válter Venâncio's rating of the film Maps to the Stars

24. Samuel T.'s rating of the film Maps to the Stars

An E.T.A Hoffmann-esque story invades contemporary LA, and I rejoiced with pleasure. I'm sorry, I realize so many of you hate this film; I thoroughly enjoyed it.