1. Dada Kubin's rating of the film Maps to the Stars

You might need to be a Cronenberg-fan to like this, but luckily I am. And my favourite Cronenbergs are from the 80s and 90s; the atmosphere of Maps is close I think to Dead Ringers and Crash. Maps hasn't got the most original script but the good characters carry the film. It's all very exaggerated but that's what creates the eerie atmosphere and makes the film worthwhile.

2. Chevalier de Pas's rating of the film Maps to the Stars

3. Samuel Donath's rating of the film Maps to the Stars

Pointless. Yes....yes...interesting acting. It tried to be shocking, but it is a waste of money. This director disappoints more often than not since the 1990's.

4. Cichlisuite's rating of the film Maps to the Stars

2.75 Far, far from Cronenberg's best. The satire seems well targeted but perhaps too well, making for an unpleasant (a Cronenberg motif I guess) view. For me it was the wrong kind of unpleasant, if you know what I mean. You could also say that the target was an easy and rather obvious one.

5. Lights in the Dusk's rating of the film Maps to the Stars

Begins like Theorem by way of The Player; a strange visitor infiltrating a network of Hollywood caricatures with the intention of destroying them from within. Blunt tinsel town satire (à la The Canyons) soon mutates into a hysterical Mommie Dearest-style psychodrama full of ghosts, vulgarity, ugliness and ultra-violence. I'm not sure how succinctly the entire thing is supposed to connect, but it's powerful, in parts.

6. JoaoM's rating of the film Maps to the Stars

Is there a rule that obligates all Cronenberg movies to have cringeworthy dialogue?

7. Justin Senkbile's rating of the film Maps to the Stars

8. paxy's rating of the film Maps to the Stars

9. yasdnil's rating of the film Maps to the Stars

An ensemble of deeply twisted characters working within Hollywood contrasts with the slow, empty plot that is their daily lives. Things get interesting toward the second half, but I expected better from Cronenberg.

10. Giulia Galbarini's rating of the film Maps to the Stars

On passionless absence / On naked solitude / On the marches of death / I write your name

11. nouvelle vague 1960's rating of the film Maps to the Stars

I'm not sure if this is classic Cronenberg, or just average.I think it will take another look,before I can decide. What I can say,is that the cast,especially Julianne Moore, is excellent. The film is a satire on the underbelly of Hollywood,full of incest,madness and murder!In fact,its a Greek Tragedy set in the Hollywood hills. The American Dream, become the American Nightmare.

12. Maudy Puteri Agusdina's rating of the film Maps to the Stars

Adakah yang waras disana? Ah, apa itu waras.

13. smndvdcl's rating of the film Maps to the Stars

The failed American Dream remains a premise full of mileage, as so many disparate strands of contemporary society represent it. None more so than LA. Cronenberg on form.

14. Paul Narvaez's rating of the film Maps to the Stars

This was by far the worst Cronenberg film I've ever watched. Tired, cliched, tedious and stupid. When you've made movies for 40 years and had a chance to distill all that knowledge and life experience and ended up with this...it's really time to pack it in.

15. Perianu Lory's rating of the film Maps to the Stars

16. Orpheusfx's rating of the film Maps to the Stars

Cheap shots. Female hysterics. No new ideas.

17. Rafael Fonseca's rating of the film Maps to the Stars

This is fucked up. I wish I could rate it higher because there are some really powerful moments here. Unfortunately it all feels so... loose. I'm really at a loss here to explain why it didn't work. Cronenberg always makes me jump from my seat though, several times. People say it shined in its black comedy. Maybe I took the film more seriously than it is.

18. Válter Venâncio's rating of the film Maps to the Stars

19. Samuel T.'s rating of the film Maps to the Stars

An E.T.A Hoffmann-esque story invades contemporary LA, and I rejoiced with pleasure. I'm sorry, I realize so many of you hate this film; I thoroughly enjoyed it.

20. Cody Hoskins's rating of the film Maps to the Stars

I couldn't this after witnessing all the atrocious over-acted performances within the first 15 minutes. This film was begging me to commit suicide to escape the arrogant and deranged minds of Hollywood has-beens this film tries to make fun of to no avail of humor or understanding.

21. Rocco's rating of the film Maps to the Stars

Starts off well but it's ultimately quite empty-headed and thematically undercooked. Julianne Moore and Mia Wasikowska are flawless, however.

22. Sophy Romvari's rating of the film Maps to the Stars

The film Julianne more should have won her oscar for.

23. Daniel Roque's rating of the film Maps to the Stars

24. Michael Peer's rating of the film Maps to the Stars

One viewing is not enough. As of now, I'm still in two minds of thought - one thinks it's brilliant - the other thinks it's an ugly mess. There is a lot to deconstruct and to have fun with. Can't wait to see again.