1. spasmolytic's rating of the film Marfa Girl

Almost as awful as Wassup Rockers.

2. uenus's rating of the film Marfa Girl

3. Partner in der Kriminalität's rating of the film Marfa Girl

4. RENO NISMARA.'s rating of the film Marfa Girl

full of obsolete philosophies.

5. Stefan Vali's rating of the film Marfa Girl

6. anarresti's rating of the film Marfa Girl

Sometimes, I feel that Larry Clark is always making the same film. And I say this not in a bad way. But like with painters, for instance. Like we get the feeling that some painters are actually painting the same thing, like they are aiming for transcendence, or the contrary of transcendence. They want to be in touch with themselves. They want to, more and more, be able to address and express what it all is about.

7. Jason's rating of the film Marfa Girl

I like Marfa Girl. I wasn't liking it very much until I suddenly realized I liked and even admired it. It is earnest, it is locally universal, and I find Clark's manner of leering increasingly charming. I even like the (to put it generously) "unschooled" performers. I assume Clark went to Marfa and figured: why not see if I can build a movie out of almost nothing here? And then he did. Well, why not?

8. Pymo's rating of the film Marfa Girl

desolation and emptiness...

9. traag-1's rating of the film Marfa Girl

I'm giving this 3 stars for some great shots and a few interesting, natural conversations.

10. Nelson's rating of the film Marfa Girl

Available from tonight for $5.99 (streaming), only on Larry Clark's website: http://larryclark.com/

11. Jørgen Lien's rating of the film Marfa Girl

Characters regularly go off on only tangentially relevant monologues about whatever topic may be on their minds, from sexual liberation and the art of cunnilingus to abusive dads, cosmic energy. body art or immigration policy. While the presumably improvised script contains some lines these characters could plausibly utter, just as often it slows the film down, to the point of grinding it almost completely to a halt.

12. Eloi MV's rating of the film Marfa Girl

Shows in parts that Larry Clark is getting older and has been around his themes, but in other ways, manage to keep us hooked with an interesting approach. Props to his website distribution; an answer to so much great world directors that don't get release...