1. bryanvmh's rating of the film Margot at the Wedding

2. Erik F.'s rating of the film Margot at the Wedding

Made me think of a Rohmer/Solondz hybrid (a dialogue- and character-driven study of dysfunction and mean-spiritedness) -- just not as interesting as that may sound.

3. gld48's rating of the film Margot at the Wedding

4. taniaburrito's rating of the film Margot at the Wedding

5. truffraud's rating of the film Margot at the Wedding

there's something about a baumbachian family that makes you want to run away and forget they ever existed and, oxymoronically, draws you into their idiosyncrasies

6. j's rating of the film Margot at the Wedding

I thought this was largely a dull movie... I did watch it until the end. Pretty naff though.

7. Thomas Dods's rating of the film Margot at the Wedding

Mixed feelings on this one. The characters are well drawn and there is nice jet black humour in the dialogue and across several awkward moments. However, practically no one in this film is sympathetic, most are frankly horrible. It left me a little cold in first viewing.

8. Dogville59's rating of the film Margot at the Wedding

A good study into family dysfunction mostly as a result of the closeness family members have with each other meaning that they say what they think and cannot hold back their personality disorders. Yet family is family isn't it. Quite a different role for Jack Black but he does it well.

9. alimcintyre's rating of the film Margot at the Wedding

A distinct absence of any discernible plot is amply compensated by an excellent cast.

10. Superfrog's rating of the film Margot at the Wedding

Wow! Much groundbreaking. So awkward fat dude makes ass of himself! Much probaly turns out better than the good looking ones in the end! if only I could get the motivation to get there.

11. Cherry's rating of the film Margot at the Wedding

12. Alejandro's rating of the film Margot at the Wedding

Excellent! thrilling, balanced, subtle, funny and disturbing. The story unfolds the complexity of human relations, personalities and their emotions, with grace, love, struggle. Is also beautiful in its "simplicity" of domestic live with a good hint of suspense.

13. Kyle's rating of the film Margot at the Wedding

Promising characters and complex relationships that constantly leaves the viewer yearning for clarification. Yes the characters are dysfunctional people, but there is a sense that nobody involved really understood what was going on. The film meanders without any sense of flow. The dynamics of the narrative are often so understated that they fail to bring any more than a slight giggle, or more often than not, cringe.

14. Blue Roses's rating of the film Margot at the Wedding

15. Calista's rating of the film Margot at the Wedding

A collection of unlikeable characters in a film where not much happens. The script is good in places but it needed to be funnier. Watch Frances Ha instead.

16. Ayesha Casely-Hayford's rating of the film Margot at the Wedding

Awesome detail. Laugh out loud funny. Everything that happens when we think there is no witness. The truth of being. And never wanting to be alone.

17. andrew's rating of the film Margot at the Wedding

Not enough humour to punctuate the dysfunction

18. daisygrubber's rating of the film Margot at the Wedding

19. Tja's rating of the film Margot at the Wedding

Middle-class Americans, forgetting they are adults, behaving madly in front of their children. Virginia Wolf would fit right in. Ms Kidman and Mr Black hold our attention in a rural holiday house where everything is just too much. Exhausting. Loved JB's frantic pursued descent down the long wooden staircase to the beach. Pass the Valium.

20. Christopher McQuain's rating of the film Margot at the Wedding

***1/2, at least (after a handful of viewings over the years, I still vacillate)

21. Andrea's rating of the film Margot at the Wedding

22. Sara Castro's rating of the film Margot at the Wedding

Baumbach sure knows how to make the most insufferable main characters.

23. Filipe F. Coutinho's rating of the film Margot at the Wedding

Noah Baumbach's "Interiors". Providing a difficult and often uncomfortable viewing, "Margot at the Wedding" boasts a rich tragi-comedy rooted in Freudian psychoanalysis and the influence of obsessive and neurotic behavior in a family hanging by a thread. The film features a pair of strong performances, perhaps none as striking as Nicole Kidman's, who plays a woman on the perpetual verge of a breakdown to perfection.

24. weinbrandbabsi's rating of the film Margot at the Wedding

I don't like Jack Black. I don't like Nicole Kidman. I don't like dramatic family comedies - yet somehow this movie mananged to unfold such a finely spectated and intimate view into the neurotic wheels of a family turning - the figures are neurotic to their max and so real in it, the dialouge is witty and sharp, yet never cruel or artificial. A good movie, even for foreigners to the genre like me.