1. Fabian's rating of the film Marguerite & Julien

En ocasiones superficial y peca de cliché. No obstante, se mantiene la tensión entre ser descubiertos y las sorpresas de las accciones de quienes rodean el amor prohibido que susurran en las calles. Sigo sin saber que hace un helicóptero en 1603

2. Funda Can Çuvalcı's rating of the film Marguerite & Julien

3.5. This kind of love is difficult to accept for most of us maybe because of our age old prejudices&taboos. Still, love is love. Besides, the film is beautifully shot.

3. captainfez's rating of the film Marguerite & Julien

Overwrought Sibling Boning: The Movie.

4. Kevin You's rating of the film Marguerite & Julien

The inconsistency in the narrative is crucial of making this a really romantic fairytale taboo movie.

5. lou.'s rating of the film Marguerite & Julien

Visuellement sans doute flattant, mais Aristote va se retourner dan son tombeau.

6. rociof's rating of the film Marguerite & Julien

Una película situada en cualquier época. Hay un helicóptero y un auto deportivo, sombras que parecen estraídas de principios del siglo xx. Un tema por demás difícil de tratar.

7. rotzetter camille's rating of the film Marguerite & Julien

En voulant essayer toutes les techniques connu par le regisseur, il a oublié de prendre le temps pour la vraie émotion. Et non celle qu'il a voulu nous pousser dans la figure. Parfois se limiter techniquement permet d'achever de meilleurs résultats au lieu de boucher trop d'idées dans le navet. Patience et subtilité seraient les bienvenues.

8. Eliza Lupu's rating of the film Marguerite & Julien

9. Emmy Mac's rating of the film Marguerite & Julien

I was utterly surprised at the largely negative reviews for this in mainstream press & IMDB. I pressed play expecting the 'oooh la la oh so french arty farty incest' tale we've all seen before. I got a beautifully shot, stylish, sometime gothic fairytale mixed with a popcorn thriller. It's a testament to both the film -especially performances that not once do you think 'ICK'. No one has the 'right' to prevent love.

10. ofNatalie LA's rating of the film Marguerite & Julien

Every contrivance in the mise en scène and costume to throw us off a particular place in time was helpful in describing, even encouraging admiration for these impossible feelings.

11. Magic Lantern Alison's rating of the film Marguerite & Julien

I really liked its mythical, fairytale, legend quality. The telling of an archetypal doomed love. Thought it was great!

12. Adriana Venegas's rating of the film Marguerite & Julien

13. Jeremy's rating of the film Marguerite & Julien

Had wanted to see this for a while, and who would have thought it would be so tedious? A fairly thin story told in a rather laboured fashion. Everyone gives it their best - I'll watch pretty much anything that features the fantastic Anais Demoustier - but really, I struggled to stay with it. However what an ending! The penalty for incest in 17th century France turns out to be a LOT more severe than I anticipated...

14. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film Marguerite & Julien

Although this isn't a bad film, technically speaking, it feels quite pointless and odd, mainly due to the way it romanticises the central incestuous relationship in an old-fashioned manner that jars more with modern sensibilities. The mopey script doesn't help either.

15. SamSalt's rating of the film Marguerite & Julien

Don't get all the hate from the reviewers. Seemed internally perfectly coherent. Could be about any doomed lovers so the incest didn't seem to matter. The fact that the young girls hearing the story kept disagreeing on what happened next also came across as an obvious clue that we should not believe any one version of the story.

16. LauraPalmer's rating of the film Marguerite & Julien

17. mgaspa's rating of the film Marguerite & Julien

18. 12HamzaBeg's rating of the film Marguerite & Julien

Incoherent sartorial choices

19. filmotrope's rating of the film Marguerite & Julien

Donzelli doesn't seem to have any idea what to do with this incestuous Romeo & Juliet story and creates the worst kind of melodramatic soap-opera, apparently thinking also that it is super cool to make use of gratuitous anachronisms, pretentious tableaux vivants and cheesy "meaningful" glances. http://www.filmotrope.com

20. Anita Anderson's rating of the film Marguerite & Julien

I thought the idea of this epic incest love story being told to those French kids as a bed time story was rather interesting. Not a film that will go down in history as a masterpiece, but strangely captivating, if you are open to this kind of story. 3,5

21. mrpasquali's rating of the film Marguerite & Julien

The couple in question is sexy, passionate and they attract the audience with a very good acting. The cinematography along with the music and the settings are marvelous. However, I felt the end kinda abrupt and not well resolved. Interesting however the way that Valerie Donzelli chose to tell this story.

22. Pangaea's rating of the film Marguerite & Julien

Excelente trama; amor rompe barreras y prejuicios

23. Jeremy Tamura's rating of the film Marguerite & Julien

Not a bad movie but fails to embrace its own dimension.

24. Ferit Karaduman's rating of the film Marguerite & Julien

senin sadece kırıntılarına sahip olsam bile, bunu sana dair hiçbir şeye sahip olmamama tercih ederim...