1. gld48's rating of the film Marie Antoinette

It's bombastic and it's loud - everything that Lost In Translation and Somewhere aren't (which are my favorites of Coppola's work) But the tone is so joyful when needed and I love when you can feel that in films. Highly recommend.

2. konochingo's rating of the film Marie Antoinette

Two complaints with this: first, I wish Coppola hadn't cast her cousin Jason Schwartzman in such an important role. His lack of nuance, subtlety, range, etc was deeply apparent. Second, while I realize this is a film about surfaces, I wish the there'd been a bit more digging into the sexual drama at the beginning. Obviously Schwartzman contributes heavily to this issue, as well. Loved everything else about it.

3. nadnab's rating of the film Marie Antoinette

4. Adam Whybray's rating of the film Marie Antoinette

I like this a lot more that 'Lost in Translation' probably because it's far messier. It's all coloured like expensive macaroons! Either way you slice it, the film luxuriates in consumption, but manages to make a Wildean politics out of it, just about. Unapologetically pretty and frivolous. Male anarchists caught being misogynist should be forced to watch it!

5. Ana Sousa's rating of the film Marie Antoinette

Don't remember what year it was when I first watched this but it was in a French class (thank you Prof.ª Emília, u were better than my film school teachers when it came to choosing and showing movies in class). I remember visiting Versailles as a kid and it being one of the greatest experiences of my life and then watching the film and feeling like I was reviving those moments. (I had forgotten Tom Hardy was in it!)

6. Philippe Lajède's rating of the film Marie Antoinette

7. DSPRKY's rating of the film Marie Antoinette

Smart call on Coppola's part to update the period piece, transforming the titular character into a girl who's sadly, anachronistically stuck in the wrong era. The direction is Malick-lite at times (that Avril 14th scene in particular) and the narrative doesn't pack the existential punch of, say, Lost in Translation, but this is nonetheless a compelling update on the story.

8. achille jeanne's rating of the film Marie Antoinette

Interpretation: 3 Scénario: 2 Décors: 4 Dialogues: 2 Musique: 3.5

9. elizabeth l・'s rating of the film Marie Antoinette

extra ☆ Just for the iconique imagery & score

10. orangepeelon's rating of the film Marie Antoinette

I'm just bored of what's her face only focusing on rich, blonde teens.

11. alchimia's rating of the film Marie Antoinette

I really want to see Jamie Dornan as a Norwegian prince in every movie.

12. R's rating of the film Marie Antoinette

an excuse to play Coppola's favorite songs at a masquerade. an infantilizing portrayal of Antoinette as an innocent cherub who is deprived of the joys of youth when she's thrown into politics.

13. Sarah's rating of the film Marie Antoinette

there is this pic of kirsten dunst all around tumblr blogs where she's standing on set of marie antoinette all dressed up in full costume, using a glowing apple macbook.

14. yesim.tuba's rating of the film Marie Antoinette

Whoever says this movie is not political (I've read lots of critics like that), either their politics is triggered and covered by their anger or they are used to describe politics not covering the authenticity and essence of life, and not inclusive for artistic expressions, and feminisim, of course. This is a good review: https://www.academia.edu/2052379/The_Historical_Threshold._Sofia_Coppolas_Marie_Antoinette

15. anacecil's rating of the film Marie Antoinette

Muy buena !!! nos muestra la decadencia de Francia y la artificial visa de María Antonieta

16. Lourenço Cadete's rating of the film Marie Antoinette

3.7 Versailles and costume design <3

17. Marv1n's rating of the film Marie Antoinette

18. Claudia Negrea's rating of the film Marie Antoinette

19. Sara Sousa's rating of the film Marie Antoinette

20. eroica's rating of the film Marie Antoinette

21. michelle's rating of the film Marie Antoinette

22. hamsa's rating of the film Marie Antoinette

i've always found her story interesting.

23. Rita Moreira's rating of the film Marie Antoinette

24. SuzyViolence's rating of the film Marie Antoinette

The costume design and soundtrack are everything.