1. sputnixed's rating of the film Marie Antoinette

Can't wait to visit versailles!!

2. smeef's rating of the film Marie Antoinette

soundtrack is a mess dude

3. zohen lux's rating of the film Marie Antoinette

all i wanted was to see some heads rolling

4. Superfrog's rating of the film Marie Antoinette

This was surprisingly good and the choice of going all out unrealistic with the soundtrack/language used made it work. I really enjoyed the presence of the female lead, put forward by the discrete character of the male lead, per the script.

5. Robert H's rating of the film Marie Antoinette

An indulgent and mesmerising feast of pure luxury - from costumes to cake, and in such quantity and quality! The ill-fated Marie is told so well through Coppola - from the outrageous aristocracy to the ignorance of men and expectations of grace. The music choices are perfect but the narrative themes in the last act are weak - I would have liked to explored more. Durst is well cast and fits the role effortlessly.

6. Christofi Cotonou's rating of the film Marie Antoinette

Coppola deserves praise for single-handedly crafting her own voice. This depiction of the doomed Antoinette, the tactless, passionate princess, is fantastic. I may be no fan of Dunst, but she performs the role with sexual relish. In all, it's like Sid & Nancy x Wes Anderson x French Revolution. Cake, anyone?

7. tintinmugshot's rating of the film Marie Antoinette

Visually, works like a Vogue or a Vanity Fair fashion editorial. As a movie, works on the same path. Young models leaving their hometowns to be sucked in a new city, obsession on cutie dogs (sorry no cutie cats in here : ( , being judged all the time, parties, champagne, gay hair stylists, hedonic lifestyle and a praise to feminism in a very odd way. Great stuff.

8. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film Marie Antoinette

A fast and loose biopic, written and directed by Sofia Coppola. Dunst is very good in the lead role, Jason Schwartzman goes from annoying to less annoying, and the supporting cast includes the likes of Steve Coogan,Shirley Henderson, Rose Byrne, & many more. Some beautiful imagery and a fun soundtrack complement a film that emphasises the youth of the main characters, and the weight of their roles on the world stage.

9. jurism's rating of the film Marie Antoinette

10. Tim Winter's rating of the film Marie Antoinette

Excellent. Roger Ebert got it right when so many others didn't. Soundtrack (nearly) perfect. Cast uniformly great. Vive la Revolution!

11. Draughtsman Without Contract's rating of the film Marie Antoinette

'This is ridiculous'. 'This, Madame, is Versailles'.

12. Nicolas Pierce's rating of the film Marie Antoinette

A movie that proves the critical consensus at the time can often be wrong. This is flat out brilliant, a pure joy to watch, and the end is surprisingly wrenching and powerful. I loved it.

13. Jade E's rating of the film Marie Antoinette

I wish it was better. There were moments of this that I absolutely loved, however several parts that I thought could have been so much better. I think it was mostly the editing that let it down, with flaws in the script, acting and direction and an unsatisfactory ending.

14. David's rating of the film Marie Antoinette

Good work by the wardrobe dept. and the cake makers. As for the rest ............sorry.

15. yemithepouwny's rating of the film Marie Antoinette

AESTHETICS. Editing is a bit jarring... BUT GORGEOUS! Really, this film is rich and beautiful to watch, even if you are not interested in the historical period or historical character, Marie Antoinette is still worth a watch as it draws you in the unbelievable world that was the French court before the Revolution

16. Dimitris's rating of the film Marie Antoinette

The opening scene of Antoinette eating cake and looking directly into the camera is amazing.Pity that's the high point of the film.Coppola's continuous "white feminism" problem is full blown here.She asks for sympathy for Antoinette, but knowing the historical context I just kept thinking "off with her head already". There are better historical figures-symbols of disenfranchised women forced into unhealthy situations

17. tjieu's rating of the film Marie Antoinette

It's really, really hard to care...

18. Powlina's rating of the film Marie Antoinette

A very interesting take on the life of Marie Antoinette with a unexpected soundtrack, give it a feeling of a teenage movie making it easier for us to bond and relate with the main character.

19. gaussian's rating of the film Marie Antoinette

this movie is the hill i'll die on oop

20. Aaron C Jones's rating of the film Marie Antoinette

A French critique called it "Versailles in Hollywood sauce," and that's a wonderful description. I don't get the criticism this film received stateside. It's hilarious satire, and I love the revisionism and the modern soundtrack. I love it. The whole idea of making it lavish, "Baroque," and delicious is just exactly how Antoinette herself would've had it. Beauteous.

21. ginobartolomi's rating of the film Marie Antoinette

was OBSESSED with this film as a teenager, would literally rent it from Blockbuster (lol) every single weekend. I think as something indulgent, it holds up. its sweet like candy- a killer soundtrack and costumes costumes costumes

22. Lola Finch's rating of the film Marie Antoinette

Worth it for the furnishings

23. Elena's rating of the film Marie Antoinette

24. Luca Soldati's rating of the film Marie Antoinette

Interessante ritratto di una nobiltà frivola che si isola dal mondo. La protagonista è ben caratterizzata nella sua frivolezza, ma non ha colpa dei disagi francesi, che ricadono tutta sugli ottusi regnanti. Ottima la veste pop della messa in scena, cosa che rende il film un fantastico mosaico con un bellissimo e malinconico finale. Narrazione ottima, con inquadrature curatissime. Colonna sonora azzardata, ma vincente

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7