1. Ludovic72's rating of the film Marina Abramović: The Artist is Present

(3,5 / 5) Les performances de Marina Abramović ont toujours questionné les limites de l'art. Les trois mois de sa "résidence" au MOMA de New York, en tête-à-tête avec les visiteurs, se sont révélés fascinants et émouvants. Mais ce documentaire a une structure trop classique : il revient sur toute la carrière de l'artiste, s'éparpille au détriment de cette performance et rate l'occasion d'innover un peu formellement.

2. Eliza Lupu's rating of the film Marina Abramović: The Artist is Present

3. Santiago's rating of the film Marina Abramović: The Artist is Present

4. chatsky's rating of the film Marina Abramović: The Artist is Present

Ее проекты гораздо интереснее чем сам фильм, не очень понятно в чем же заключается страдание. Видимо это и правда сложно передать, — сидеть неподвижно каждый день в течении трех месяцев, поэтому вторую часть фильма показывают в основном плачущих людей

5. Laetitia's rating of the film Marina Abramović: The Artist is Present

Abramovic certainly achieved something remarkable in doing that performance - however, I do feel that the hysterics people seem experience in the exhibition cannot be explained sufficiently in this documentary. Still, it's worthwhile seeing-

6. Marie Laforge's rating of the film Marina Abramović: The Artist is Present

7. Epinephrin's rating of the film Marina Abramović: The Artist is Present

If you read all the reviews above/below, mine won‘t be any different. this was a real emotional ride, i had tears almost all the time. Even my other half, who is not into arts&co was absorbed into her universe. There is 1 negative thing -has to do with the MoMA people actually - it was this girl who wanted to undress & sit naked in front of MA. she was escorted outside. why wasnt she allowed to express herself

8. Stefan Drees's rating of the film Marina Abramović: The Artist is Present

The documentary has some great and breathtaking moments while it captures the performance and its impact on the audience. But the rest is a mostly superficial portrayal of Abramovic's work. The worst thing is the shitty and tasteless music that kills every atmospheric moment of the film.

9. richardlawrn's rating of the film Marina Abramović: The Artist is Present

this woman is a magnet. strong body, brilliant mind and unbreakable sensibility.

10. ironbound's rating of the film Marina Abramović: The Artist is Present

I was sobbing all film, from first to last minutes. Marina is the new prophet, she moves every cell of my body. Seems as if she sits and thinks: what could I do that I can't do..? She is provocative and radical, also, genuine, emotional, true, present. Documentary is deeply moving too.

11. Beatriz Sampedro's rating of the film Marina Abramović: The Artist is Present

12. Ratta Bill Abaggi's rating of the film Marina Abramović: The Artist is Present

For whoever resisted from watching it bcs you think it'll be boring. No, it is not.

13. AALC's rating of the film Marina Abramović: The Artist is Present

I wasn't paying attention to a film. The only thing that interested me was character in it.

14. Eeeeeeeeeee's rating of the film Marina Abramović: The Artist is Present

15. bouvardila's rating of the film Marina Abramović: The Artist is Present

and now I know the meaning of "Eyes are the window to the soul"

16. godlewska's rating of the film Marina Abramović: The Artist is Present

17. Kk Soft Boss's rating of the film Marina Abramović: The Artist is Present

18. Isabelle's rating of the film Marina Abramović: The Artist is Present

powerful documentary about a true artist

19. Sam's rating of the film Marina Abramović: The Artist is Present

3.5 stars. An intriguing documentary but hard to separate the subject from the actual film. Overall, it achieved what it wanted to and I learnt more about Marina Abramovic. I now have some appreciation for performance art and certainly have found some respect for what she does.

20. Phoebe Weston-Evans's rating of the film Marina Abramović: The Artist is Present

I am sadder now. With more than just life. I have a deep sentiment of entropy. But I don't think it was the intention of the artist or film maker. I'm going to bed.

21. Pipim's rating of the film Marina Abramović: The Artist is Present

Pathétique, larmoyant, prétentieux.

22. miles's rating of the film Marina Abramović: The Artist is Present

23. mpho3's rating of the film Marina Abramović: The Artist is Present

I won't pretend to understand her art and before the film I'd have doubted I would yearn to sit w/ her. I didn't grasp all the tears produced during the show, but this is one of the most fascinating and astonishing films I've seen - fascinating because it made me want to understand, astonishing because it made want to experience. As docu cinema it strikes all the right notes, down to Halpern's score. Powerful cinema!

24. Chase Vault's rating of the film Marina Abramović: The Artist is Present

I don't care about her mother, her ex or where she buys her clothes. What a waste of time.

← Previous 1 3 4