1. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film Marius

Charming and quick. The real joys are not Marius nor Fanny, but their parents. Their love falls a little flat. Nevertheless, I’m sticking with the trilogy because some trusted friends say it gets better!

2. Diderot's rating of the film Marius

Early French cinema seems to finally be having its international revival after the French New Wave served its decisive ideological blow via Truffaut's much-discussed polemic against "a certain tendency". The new restoration of this theatrical melodrama is so impressive that it's hard to believe it was released in 1931. It's a joy to watch.

3. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Marius

I remember having see 'Marius' two or three times on French TV in the 1970's. The sound was awful, it hisses during the whole movie and the image was blurred and crackeled but I still loved the film. Now imagine this film in Blu-Ray after restoration: a (re-) discovery! Every scene with Raimu is unforgettable. Masterpiece.

4. FISCHER's rating of the film Marius

Classique des classiques qui malgré le temps, reste un superbe monument cinématographique à la gloire de Marcel Pagnol et du Vieux-Port de Marseille...

5. RoRoRoro's rating of the film Marius

6. Seanpasbon's rating of the film Marius

Didn't Korda direct this _with_ Pagnol???

7. Mitchell Brown's rating of the film Marius

I held a marathon viewing of Marius Fanny and Cesar for a bunch of movie lovers who had never seen Pagnol. A huge success. It is so gratifying to introduce this lovely world to peoplewho don't know it. These films are teeming with life and demand to be watched and loved