1. Carlos Filipe Freitas's rating of the film Marjorie Prime

“Marjorie Prime”, which has a play by Jordan Harrison as its source, is a no-nonsense exercise full of demonstrative close-ups, in which deceitful specters are imagined to ease empty, lost souls. (3.5 stars)

2. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film Marjorie Prime

TFW the Mica Levi score hits. I'm not the hugest Almereyda fan, but I found Marjorie Prime prime to be his most human — and therefore moving — film. It wasn't a huge hit out of Sundance (probably because it's bleak as hell), but I was truly shaken by its earnest exploration of the power of memory —the ways in which we construct our realities to feel less alone in the world. Long live Lois Smith.

3. angelicidea's rating of the film Marjorie Prime

Perhaps better as a play. The film felt cold to me and not necessarily cinematic.

4. Michael Peer's rating of the film Marjorie Prime

Marjorie Prime's ideas are far more interesting than its execution. Based on a stage play, we get the sense that this material would work much better there. As a film, Marjorie Prime is basic and unmotivated. The performances are all great, but would have probably served better on a stage. As a film, we can only really look at the decisions made cinematically and there really aren't many. It's flat and unengaging.