1. Superfrog's rating of the film Marketa Lazarová

Visually stunning. A bit like German's Hard to be a God with nearly no shit jokes and without the good lines, replaced by trippy camera shots and odd flute music. I was not convinced past the technical quality of the images.Let alone pulled in by the narration.

2. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film Marketa Lazarová

3. Raquel's rating of the film Marketa Lazarová

Overrated. Messy. Visually stunning, that's pretty much all.

4. MisterColo93's rating of the film Marketa Lazarová

5. Boyuan123's rating of the film Marketa Lazarová

6. FISCHER's rating of the film Marketa Lazarová

Considéré par maints critiques comme le meilleur film tchèque de tous les temps, cette oeuvre monumentale et foisonnante, se présente effectivement (une fois que les personnages principaux et secondaires nous soient devenus familiers dans leur complexité historique) comme une somptueuse fresque médiévale. www.cinefiches.com

7. Joel's rating of the film Marketa Lazarová

The world is a cruel and beautiful place. A confusing, tragic, frustrating but elegant mesmerizing spectacle. An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth. Poetic and insane. Such is the way of the world.

8. Diderot's rating of the film Marketa Lazarová

A surreal chronicle of medieval life centering around the ordeal of a young girl that's at times lyrical, humorous, violent, and erotic. (I'm particularly drawn to the beauty of the one-armed brother.)

9. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Marketa Lazarová

10. kinotopia's rating of the film Marketa Lazarová

like a tastelessly affected ripoff of "Andrei Rublev". dialogue is often bombastic to the point of futility (i.e. lousy poetry, empty wisdom, and unasked/probably analogical takes on Christianity) and the narrative is so jumbled that you can either try to make sense of an untold story or swallow the unoriginal visuals. fails to resonate with beauty, sincerity, or much emotional worth/weight.

11. Walker's rating of the film Marketa Lazarová

When I think of this film I think of dying a cold, mid-evil death. Stark, harsh, and goddamn beautiful

12. xrystyna's rating of the film Marketa Lazarová

13. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Marketa Lazarová

Hallucinatory and dreamlike, it reminds me of 'The Virgin Spring'. But while 'Virgin Spring' has a relatively straightforward narrative, this one does not. It jumps back and forward and side to side. It has very creative editing, but it seems like a parody of an art film. Hard to follow, voices coming from offscreen and a narrator, camera doesn't follow action, or gets there too late. Deserves more recognition.

14. Monasteries's rating of the film Marketa Lazarová

The film is haunting and Vášáryová is ethereal.

15. (arc)'s rating of the film Marketa Lazarová

went to a screening of this for a valentine's day date. there was a dude in the back row aggressively flossing his teeth.

16. Luis Pires's rating of the film Marketa Lazarová

Incredible! Vláčil deserves to be as known as Tarkovsky or Bergman.

17. Renton47's rating of the film Marketa Lazarová

A film that might drain the world of adjectives as we mostly agree that this is stunning and incomprehensible. Joins the ranks of cinema I don't believe was shot in this time (modernity) or place (earth), (ie. Hard to Be a God, The Fall), with an even higher transcendental quality. Straddles so finely a hardened naturalism and elliptical mysticism.

18. Tatami's rating of the film Marketa Lazarová

Incredibly stunning cinematography, a sort of cinematic painting that manages to put together a convincing take on a forgotten way of life. The setting and the costumes are incredible. It is rare to come across a film that feels detached enough from our current civilisation to be convincing in its portrayal of older times. This is not just a Czech masterpiece but one of the greatest film I've had the chance to see.

19. Aardsy's rating of the film Marketa Lazarová

Didn't understand a lick of this. Beautiful, though.

20. C҉ă҉t҉ă҉l҉i҉n҉'s rating of the film Marketa Lazarová

tries so much to be like the book it becomes the book. went into it expecting a movie. my bad?

21. Kevin Costner's rating of the film Marketa Lazarová

God Bless the Cinematographer !

22. ginobartolomi's rating of the film Marketa Lazarová

While watching 'Marketa Lazarova', I felt entirely transported into another world, consumed by the totality of the medieval setting created by Vláčil, every detail thoroughly imagined and executed to perfection. Vančura's novel specified no exact time period, and there is very little historical information that exists of the medieval times of Czechoslovakia. Because of this, Vláčil was forced to invent his own...↓

23. En Sangers Bøn's rating of the film Marketa Lazarová

simply in my top 5 favorite movies ! a pearl !

24. ranchocarne's rating of the film Marketa Lazarová