1. DaraDON's rating of the film Marnie

Mansplaining with Hitch and Connery, outdated with a dismal end game but some beautiful moments of cinematic craft.

2. Guillermo Padilla's rating of the film Marnie

2.5 really. I love the textures. But the plot is so weak

3. FISCHER's rating of the film Marnie

Une des rares oeuvres du grand Alfred Hitchcock plutôt ratée, frisant quelquefois le ridicule de bas étage et la pacotille psychanalytique bon marché... www.cinefiches.com

4. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Marnie

A film I watch again and again with the same pleasure. After 60 seconds, you know that you're seeing a film directed by Alfred Hitchcock. This is Style, this is Class. The shot of the street where is living Tippi Hedren's mother is mythical. Strongly recommended.

5. Arandhitio Ballagi's rating of the film Marnie

hell yeah ! It tortures my brain ! I had thought that the Mark is a crazy person in the middle of film (how stupid i am). Good work mr. hitchcock ! i love the way you tell a story.

6. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film Marnie

What a lovely, tragic film from Hitchcock!

7. Valentin Alexandru's rating of the film Marnie

8. SpacePirate's rating of the film Marnie

One of Hitch's most cerebral efforts, a bit like his attempt at a Bergman-esque film. Hedren and Connery have nice chemistry, and Diane Baker provides great supporting work in a limited role. This one has all the hallmarks of a Hitch film, just more subdued and requiring deeper attn from the viewer. I liked it but the folks I saw it with did not, so a polarizing one, but prob his best 60's effort after Birds. 4 stars

9. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film Marnie

10. Marcelo Fornari's rating of the film Marnie

A very good companion piece to "Vertigo", Marnie succeeds in its uncanny portrait of family and love, but I can't award a film more than three stars when it has this problematic gender politics and cheap self explanatory ending.

11. Kreg's rating of the film Marnie

Even without the rape and manipulation tactics, Rutland's self insertion as her saviour, however genuine, is still creepy. Flawless technical work as always, though some of the more convenient plot points disappointed me.

12. iva's rating of the film Marnie

Didactic husband conveniently figures her all out despite an implied rape scene and his manipulative tactics, forced marriage, all of course in the name of "helping her"

13. Federico Maria Baldacci's rating of the film Marnie

14. ali di pollo's rating of the film Marnie

come un episodio della signora in giallo ad alto budget: fa vo lo so

15. Matthew Catanzano's rating of the film Marnie

The brutality which the film portrays is in no way ambiguous, however, I think the film was largely misunderstood on it's release. The genius of it is that you can't digest it passively like most films, he tricks the audience into believing they are watching a romance when it is anything but. Like when he tricked you in Psycho, though in that they go out their way to leave no questions; THIS is a thinker's film.

16. Histioteuthis's rating of the film Marnie

Marnie is fascinating as like a tragedy played like it's a romance and definitely Tippi Hedren is great in it, but it also feels like a peek inside of like Alfred Hitchcock at maybe his grossest so can't honestly say whether I "liked" it or was fascinated horribly

17. Poor Margo's rating of the film Marnie

18. João Abreu's rating of the film Marnie

The screenwriter refused to call the rape scene by its name. It is a rape scene.

19. Paolo Utili's rating of the film Marnie

20. elif jazel's rating of the film Marnie

a unique psychological drama! complex and convincing characters. Sean Connory's performance is remarkable. a classic that everyone should see!

21. smndvdcl's rating of the film Marnie

One of Hitchcock's (the arch-psychiatrist of cinema's) lesser known masterpieces. His near-telepathic ability to pinpoint the frailties of a person's psyche, was a blessing and a curse; notorious for deeply offending actresses just before a take in order to gain the most authentic response; thinly veiled misogyny from an obsessive director requiring the muse of a siren to stir his creative impulses...

22. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film Marnie

Connery walks into frame and smiles at me like "I know you are watching". His evil eyes reveales his inclination for destruction/deconstruction. He is perfect as hitch's proxy sadist!

23. Warren Spratley's rating of the film Marnie

MARNIE's depths are so obviously endless that it renders such a small piece of writing as this rather impotent. What a fragile picture, balanced so unusually between Hollywood classicism & European modernism! Character triangularity abounds, a spinning web of psychological associations. As often w/ Hitchcock, the themes of sexuality, trauma, & ambivalence towards remedies haunt everything. "I am Marnie" - Robin Wood

24. Jimmi HRS's rating of the film Marnie

Hitchcock definitely made a lot of great films, this just doesn't happen to be one of them. The concept is somewhat interesting but poorly executed, and lacking in depth. The whole performance just feels very forced and unnatural.