1. saitosouta's rating of the film Marriage Material

Swanberg thoroughly depicts communication and miscommunication attached to being together. "Marriage material" is most awkward but authentic tale about such a thing. "I want to marry/ I don't" & "I want a baby/ I don't" difference divides a couple with Tarr Béla-ish long take by Adam Wingard, Audley & White's kind of vommitingly realistic chemistry. Small, but very powerful one.

2. Sunrise's rating of the film Marriage Material

There is such a poeticism in Emily and Andrew's seemingly naturalistic dog: simply disliking a bathing baby, disconnected by Emily's romantic declaration about seeing Andrew bath the child and the sudden, noisy enjoyment of it's chew toy at the most intimate of moments. These captured moments call forth an amazing parallel with Andrew, stemming from a possibly 'uncontrollable nature.' Such serendipitous cinematics!

3. Robert W Peabody III's rating of the film Marriage Material

brilliant & done in less than 55 minutes

4. Frank's rating of the film Marriage Material

Excellent. I find Swanberg highly personally unlikeable but this film allowed me to see his gifts as a director. (The male lead is also a good director.)

5. RENO NISMARA.'s rating of the film Marriage Material

for a film that consists of the line, "bela tarr? what's that?," marriage material feels more like a bela tarr film than a mumblecore exponent.

6. InsertOzuReferencehere's rating of the film Marriage Material

The best film I've seen from Swanberg. So wise, intelligently ambiguous and beautifully structured.