1. panoramaofhell's rating of the film Mary Shelley's Frankenstein

monstruous helena boham carter was cute tho

2. Richmond Hill's rating of the film Mary Shelley's Frankenstein

Here we are again (with a needless authorial prefix for questionable clarification); this time with the usual stew over-cooked in hyperbolic music and frantic editing. The oft-told story - almost a recantation by this point in time - drowns in its own blood. Hammer did it so much better - and at a fraction of the cost.

3. Rosina Rossini's rating of the film Mary Shelley's Frankenstein

It certainly had a lot of passion behind it, and I didn't mind the changes to the story at all.

4. Terry_Moby's rating of the film Mary Shelley's Frankenstein

1.5 What a superfluous, unstylish exercise in vanity.

5. Nelson Núñez's rating of the film Mary Shelley's Frankenstein

Atropellada y truculenta. La secuencia que muestra la génesis de la criatura resulta inspirada y llena de fuerza.

6. ΞRIC B∆D TASTΞ's rating of the film Mary Shelley's Frankenstein

why i have waited so long, great adaptation.

7. Tutu888's rating of the film Mary Shelley's Frankenstein

Rather tame adaption of the novel. The acting is not very convincing to put it mild and the score give this film a very sugary foundation. At least the design, makeup and Robert de Niro gave me enough to enjoy it mildly.

8. Daniel Iván's rating of the film Mary Shelley's Frankenstein

Mr. Branagh is known as "the killer of classics" for a reason...

9. Gonçalo Rosas's rating of the film Mary Shelley's Frankenstein

(Generous) 5 - Neither as good as I had hoped nor as bad as it could have been. The costuming and set design are both uniformly excellent, and the acting is generally good, but the whole thing feels extremely disjointed, like a condensed 5-hour miniseries. The worst thing about it is the horrendously-used score, that barely ever lets up. I also disliked the camerawork and the artistic license it takes with the novel.

10. Ana Sousa's rating of the film Mary Shelley's Frankenstein

11. João Biscaia's rating of the film Mary Shelley's Frankenstein

They give characters 10 seconds of screen time when we're supposed to feel bad that they die? We're supposed not to laugh when Robert DeNiro is sliding around in amniotic fluid with a comedy-film-inspired editing? Please.

12. Mariana Luís's rating of the film Mary Shelley's Frankenstein

This is everything except faithful to the novel!

13. Андрей's rating of the film Mary Shelley's Frankenstein

Positive sides: tries to be faithful to the novel and it moved me, somehow. Negative sides: bad, bad camera and photography and way too much blood (we did not really need it).

14. Jack Lineman's rating of the film Mary Shelley's Frankenstein

Every scene in the film goes by to fast, camera moving to fast, actors talking and moving to fast and the editing is to quick. Robert De Niro is okay though.

15. Roscoe's rating of the film Mary Shelley's Frankenstein

Painful. A couple of cool moments with Helena Bonham Carter, but mostly just an embarassment.

16. Hunter Duesing's rating of the film Mary Shelley's Frankenstein

Holy crap this movie is bad, so bad it almost goes into "so bad it's good" territory. It purports to be a faithful account to Shelly's novel, but I don't recall a scene in the novel where Frankenstein creates a bride for the monster, only to have her set herself on fire and cause a mansion to explode. Robert De Niro is woefully miscast. Branagh's scenery chewing sinks this ship of potential.