1. FISCHER's rating of the film Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World

Excellent film d'aventures navales se regardant sans boire la tasse, ni mal de mer ! www.cinefiches.com

2. vordven's rating of the film Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World

3. J. O.'s rating of the film Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World

Simultaneously tense, inspiring, and tremendously fascinating - even in the attention to period detail alone. Crowe excels as a self-proclaimed thorn bush who understands strength, respect, and discipline. Weir successfully and masterfully crafts a sweeping period epic that rolls out in one single location, with only one true overarching goal - and it couldn't be better.

4. Thomas Dods's rating of the film Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World

A great swashbuckling action adventure about comrades on arms and all that good stuff. A film searching for a franchise before franchise cinema really took off. Shame, because we could do with some better blockbuster franchises being made..

5. Cinevangelist's rating of the film Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World

Superb old fashioned high seas epic that has held up extremely well nearly fifteen years after its release. Essentially a superior entertainment, this is an expertly crafted adventure movie that is as engaging in its reflective moments as it is in its battle sequences and fully justifies its nearly two and a half hour length. The interplay between Crowe and Bettany is also a joy. Surely one of Weir's very best.

6. Jérémy Poirier's rating of the film Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World

An amazing and engaging oversea epic with some true moments of fascinating beauty. It touches a lot of complex and interesting themes like patriotism and the relation between the ruler and the ruled. The cinematography (A well deserved Oscar for Russell Boyd) and score are gorgeous. Russell Crowe and Paul Bettany's jeopardized friendship is really palpable. A film that definitely deserves more recognition.

7. Loud Rocks's rating of the film Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World

8. muh.'s rating of the film Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World

A movie that years ago rekindled my love for nautical themes and made me a fan of Aubrey-Maturin series which is in a way Jane Austen but with naval battles which is just dandy.

9. Steve Pulaski's rating of the film Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World

A beautiful, immaculately detailed ode to the genre of swashbuckling films that preceded it and the novels that inspired it. A rare case where a film with a nine figure budget takes an ambitious step to start a franchise that wasn't riding off the Marvel/DC Comics brand, and that's only one of the many reasons we should admire it.

10. Ethan's rating of the film Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World

If you are a nautical fan then you will love this movie. Also Russell Crowe is pretty great in this too.

11. James Mackin's rating of the film Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World

I watched this as a pretty young kid, and I remember being very impressed with the scene where Paul Bettany does a surgery on himself. So yeah, there's that.

12. Rath's rating of the film Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World

Distraído largometraje que se ve bien, pero demasiado complaciente y más que relamido en sus formas. Cuesta creerse el ambiente de camaradería y algo aséptico que reina en la embarcación, algo que intenta paliarse en una sola secuencia cargada de teatralidad.

13. Star Lord's rating of the film Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World

14. J.J. 'Jake' Gittes's rating of the film Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World

Russell Crowe plays and Peter Weir directs; both do in absolute top form. Exciting and intelligently made film story. Action. Drama. Thrill. All in. Mouse-and-cat play included. High tension. Full of surprises until the very end. Not only for Peter Weir and Russell Crowe fans a "must".

15. speedball's rating of the film Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World

classico e moderno insieme

16. Amandio Filipe Moura's rating of the film Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World

A delightful, tragic, moving, exciting and daring adventure (4.0/5)

17. Güattarii's rating of the film Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World

Esta película la vi hace unos 7-9 años y volví a ver hace unos días. Es una gran película en el sentido que representa la vida a bordo, aunque quizás faltó un poco mostrar esbozos de cómo se vivía la sexualidad en alta mar (sin querer ser perversito). En este sentido creo que tiene parte de idealista y parte realista, por ejemplo, los azotes y la autoridad del capitan

18. rado's rating of the film Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World

Raw, linear, uncomplicated, authentic – a breath of fresh air.

19. Sebastian's rating of the film Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World

A gorgeous gentlemanly film. Intensely fun to watch and captivating performances by both Crowe and Bettany. In a world where the cat and mouse never ends, I wanted more. Perhaps we'll get another 19...

20. afuchs's rating of the film Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World

I think it is on a par with "The New World". Which is, actually, a compliment. For both. Profound nautical experience.

21. Aly_Breckenridge's rating of the film Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World

Probably my favourite film of all time. A true epic classic that is grossly underrated.

22. Thomas Emil Lie Karlsen's rating of the film Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World

This being my Peter Weir summer, I'm happy I revisited Master and Commander. It's a setting you rarely see, and it's incredibly well realized. You should all join Captain Aubrey on this voyage.

23. Isabella Romano's rating of the film Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World

This was nominated for best film in 2003. Along with Seabiscuit.

24. 4LOM's rating of the film Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World

Der Blockbuster, der keiner sein wollte ... und (leider) auch nicht dazu wurde. Einer meiner liebsten Filme des Jahres 2003.