1. Amadeus Magnus's rating of the film Master of the Flying Guillotine

Ridiculous sound and visual effects.

2. Christopher M. Jones's rating of the film Master of the Flying Guillotine

though not as well known, I actually prefer the first One-Armed Boxer movie to this sequel: its paced better and, to my mind, the fights are a bit more thrilling even if they're not as outlandish. still a fun movie, though

3. the_mentaculus's rating of the film Master of the Flying Guillotine

Something so intrinsically "bad" has never been as immensely watchable. It deftly walks this insane balance between surreal fantasy boxing antics and glorious 'realism' of stunts and kung fu action. Extra props for stealing music from Kraftwerk without asking, and inventing the whole punk-kung-fu intense aesthetic by accident.

4. filmcapsule's rating of the film Master of the Flying Guillotine

Not nearly as elegant as Shaw Brothers. What it lacks in structure and cohesion to the immensely satisfying syntax of this genre, however, it makes up for in zaniness. Extending arms, decapitations, xenophobia -- it's got a lot of fun, goofy stuff but there are genuine, unironic aesthetic pleasures to the best martial arts films that Flying Guillotine lacks.

5. Grant Sponable's rating of the film Master of the Flying Guillotine

6. The Shadows and Silence's rating of the film Master of the Flying Guillotine

Bona fide classic, hilarious, ridiculous and plain fucking awesome, this gem reminds me why I love martial arts flicks.

7. Junda Mane's rating of the film Master of the Flying Guillotine

A ground-breaking Kung Fu classic. This is one of the original "tournament" films that are so popular within the genre even today (Man of Tai Chi). Jimmy Wang Yu will be remembered as the first true martial arts icon with no real martial arts training.

8. Greg S.'s rating of the film Master of the Flying Guillotine

Not the most sharply directed film. But what's really impressive is the number of characters the film manages to string together in it's brief run time and the amount of personality it actually endows each character when much of their action is limited to a few fight scenes. The final fight is one of most entertaining set pieces in a confined space that I've seen. Though, I was rooting for the master the whole film.

9. justinslot's rating of the film Master of the Flying Guillotine

In its own way a perfect movie.

10. Erdiawan's rating of the film Master of the Flying Guillotine

one of the most entertaining kung fu film ever. edit: WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THE STILL???

11. Scout Tafoya's rating of the film Master of the Flying Guillotine