1. Adam Whybray's rating of the film Matchstick Men

3.5 stars. A slick diversion, in which everything functions at it should with grace and efficiency like a classic crime caper from the 1950s cut to the smooth and pacey rhythms of 'Ocean’s Eleven' or 'Catch Me If You Can'. The film is spry, sure-footed and self-assured, though generally I like my films to be a little more awkward and pigeon-toed. Nic captures well the gestural nature of OCD [I have it] and adds chaos

2. Bret Bynum's rating of the film Matchstick Men

This is a good movie to watch if you ever forget how great of an anchor Nicolas Cage is.

3. Addy K.'s rating of the film Matchstick Men

Smooth and effervescent, MATCHSTICK MEN is the late Ridley Scott masterpiece nobody likes to talk about. Nicolas Cage's crackpot energy is pitch-perfect this time; measured and nuanced. He plays a "professional conman" who finds redemption in the elimination of money and loneliness. Wrongfully pigeonholed as a mere stylist, what Ridley does in the penultimate carpet shop scene can disprove even his harshest critics.

4. SafeStanding's rating of the film Matchstick Men

More twists than a twisty turny thing. Ridley's hallmark direction coupled with great performances from Cage and Lohman made this a standout crime caper. Stylish camera work too.

5. Ethan's rating of the film Matchstick Men

It's not a great film but it is an interesting entry in Ridley Scott's filmography.

6. Jérémy Poirier's rating of the film Matchstick Men

The Nicolas is unCaged and it is magnificent. This film is a complete surprise. It is wildly hilarious (Nic Cage has a funny case of OCD) and more complex than it looks like. I wasn't expecting anything out of this film and it surely did pay off in the end. I will definitely give it a re watch. One of Ridley Scott's best.

7. smndvdcl's rating of the film Matchstick Men

Cage and Lohan are great in this. Cage's depiction of OCD is remarkably nuanced. This is a sterling mid-level production.

8. caitlin.f's rating of the film Matchstick Men

i was surprised by how much i enjoyed this.

9. Mark O. Stack's rating of the film Matchstick Men

Nic Cage monologuing about not wanting to put a gun in his mouth because of germs rather than not wanting to commit suicide stuck with me.

10. Lights in the Dusk's rating of the film Matchstick Men

Aims for the kind of quirky caper that Soderbergh achieved effortlessly with Ocean's 11 & Out of Sight; a mix of twists & turns treated with a hip, post-modern irony that lets the audience in on the joke, against scenes of occasionally gritty violence to raise the emotional stakes. Unfortunately Scott's direction is typically heavy-handed, creating a bastard amalgam of Soderbergh & something like Requiem for a Dream.

11. Graham Ball's rating of the film Matchstick Men

I remember watching this on VHS when it was first released... anyone else remember VHS?

12. Zach Closs's rating of the film Matchstick Men

A fabulous character study. Cage and Lohman's relationship is unassumingly charming, funny and sweet without being remotely maudlin. The oldies soundtrack is also perfect. "Ever been dragged to the sidewalk and beaten 'till you... PISSED. BLOOOOOD!"

13. André Graça's rating of the film Matchstick Men

14. heruchris's rating of the film Matchstick Men

Splendid acting from Nic Cage.

15. Ulrich JARLØV's rating of the film Matchstick Men

I'm not particularly fond of twist endings but...The story in this one is wonderfully told and the twist knocks you on your ass, almost literally.. And unlike most twist ending movies, this one's actually just as fun (Or maybe even more fun) to watch a second time. Beautiful camerawork, pitch-perfect performances make MATCHSTICK MEN one of Ridley Scott's (few) truly great films...

16. AKFilmFan's rating of the film Matchstick Men

A comedic thriller with good performances from its three leads. It was almost ruined by the sudden twist near the end of the film, however the scenes following it saved it as Ridley and his team played the scenes straight with no irony or anger.

17. Marcus Killerby's rating of the film Matchstick Men

In many ways this movie reminded me of the wonderful Punch Drunk Love. It's a sometimes predictable story that's really elevated by the excellent casting decision of Nicholas Cage, fantastic camera work and a very well written script. The twist is very unexpected, but I'm not sure it quite works. It's such a jarring twist that I haven't really had time to think if all the pieces fit together...

18. Frank's rating of the film Matchstick Men

plot gets meh but Cage is gold. a couple good spots by Scott.

19. Dav I.D.'s rating of the film Matchstick Men

Yes its possible: Nick Cage has a few movies where he can really act.

20. Tigrão's rating of the film Matchstick Men

21. Tisa's rating of the film Matchstick Men

This made me a bit sad in the end. There's a whiff of melancholy in that (sort of) surprising betrayal.

22. Harry Rossi's rating of the film Matchstick Men

Cage is so great in this film.

23. Dave's rating of the film Matchstick Men

I've always had a soft spot for this mystery. Certainly not a great film, but a lot of fun.

24. Eleanor Abernathy's rating of the film Matchstick Men

love the reasoning behind the ending of this film....