1. FISCHER's rating of the film Maurice

Un véritable chef-d'oeuvre de finesse, de sensibilité entre peinture d'une époque et reflet d'une âme... www.cinefiches.com

2. TZUHSIEN TANG's rating of the film Maurice

3. Broos Claerhout's rating of the film Maurice

4. redux's rating of the film Maurice

Love between men is OK, except dangerous, because it flattens the social hierarchy. That's why we have to elect hateful pigs as our leaders, to protect ourselves and our heterosexual children.

5. ooming's rating of the film Maurice

6. bogdann's rating of the film Maurice

7. peaches and plums's rating of the film Maurice

distracted from how hard it is to be rich and gay by hugh grant's marvelous hair

8. Gingerastaire's rating of the film Maurice

Beautiful film. The romance tore my heart out.

9. Michael Harbour's rating of the film Maurice

A fine, well-made period drama about love, lust, societal expectations, and making choices.

10. Vyr's rating of the film Maurice

it's astonishing how swiftly the luminous, tender charm of the Cambridge platonic romance subsides to ponderous tedium as soon as Hugh Grant marries the milquetoast and the rather less witty gamekeeper arrives on the scene

11. Louise_Dietrich's rating of the film Maurice

I am glad that sites like mubi exist, otherwise I would have never heard of this (and many other) beautiful film. So many emotions...

12. melancolia's rating of the film Maurice

This film swept me off my feet to think I waited a decade in order to watch this. Superb acting done by Hugh Grant, James Wilby and Rupert Graves

13. Sneerwell's rating of the film Maurice

Exraordinary beautiful. This is where Hugh Grant really showed his talent and mastery of character transformation. Loved the final scene with him closing the windows [of his previous life].

14. Meadow Square's rating of the film Maurice

15. katiemuffett's rating of the film Maurice

What an exquisite film, and such a perfect love story. I don't think there has been an ensemble cast to match the one in the Merchant Ivory era - I so miss those days! Wilby, Grant, and Graves in particular hit a high note in their acting careers with this piece.

16. Richmond Hill's rating of the film Maurice

Despite a dressy veneer, this is a tender adapatation of the posthumous Forster novel. Handsomely realised and performed with earnest conviction, this is one of the finer entries in the Merchant Ivory canon shot through with a gentle but righteous sense of an unjust world.

17. James's rating of the film Maurice

Thoroughly enjoyable. Still very relevant and topical today. Thank you for posting this brilliant and moving film.