1. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film Mauvais sang

Did I want this to end with Juliette Binoche riding away on a motorcycle with Julie Delpy? Sure. Am I happy with that insane last shot? Most definitely.

2. postblueink's rating of the film Mauvais sang

7/10 (19. 07. 2017). brilliant ideas, actors playing, monologues, images. i'm absolutely in love with it but i'm pity about this film which is not so deep for me as a details from it. and again about post-new-wave for Carax. second part from his Trilogy about Alex.

3. †. Kennedy Pope's rating of the film Mauvais sang

Mauvais Sang is an absolute joy to watch; it takes some conventional elements of a typical love story, blends it with the unconventional tones of science-fiction and French New Wave; and marries it all together with the superb eye of Léos Carax. The end product is a superb and one-of-a-kind film.

4. caddie's rating of the film Mauvais sang

So weird yet so appealing. Carax's films are not easy to get hold of, yet there are so many layers and details that captivate you for a long time. A surrealistic ode to modern relationships in the haze of love and physical contact.

5. OldGermanCurrency's rating of the film Mauvais sang

6. Ana Pascal's rating of the film Mauvais sang

des inoubliables poèmes pour les yeux

7. luminous's rating of the film Mauvais sang

Most of the time enchanted by the cinematography and the soundtrack, I overcome some braggart scenes. In the end I was left with the taste of a Godard comic. Too much Hugo Pratt or is it precisely this that makes it unforgettable?

8. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film Mauvais sang

9. bogdann's rating of the film Mauvais sang

10. FISCHER's rating of the film Mauvais sang

Une merveilleuse petite histoire d'amour fou sur fond de polar, respectant mais aussi dépassant les codes et les schémas du genre, pour donner une oeuvre hautement élaborée d'une langoureuse émotion où les acteurs se donnent à cœur-joie... www.cinefiches.com

11. Michael Zyx MH Claes's rating of the film Mauvais sang

"Garder le silence, non. C'est le silence qui nous garde". Ovni poétique aux 1000 facettes, sorte d'Enfants du Paradis, 41 ans après. BARRAULT cède sa place à LAVANT, qui est Alex "Langue Pendue", truqueur d'atouts au bonneteau, loubard d'amour pour Binoche, danseur sur Bowie, ado doué, louveteau fou. A boire sec et d'un trait, le bord du verre givré au sel. == Poetic & inspired as Children of Paradise was 41 yrs ago

12. Johnny Mislow's rating of the film Mauvais sang

"One day it will seem as if we've lived all this before" The ending was too much for... couldn't hold it in.

13. choupinet's rating of the film Mauvais sang

Modern Love featuring Denis Lavant.

14. Rustam Chartrand Mendeleev's rating of the film Mauvais sang

«Les filles me disaient toujours: «Sois simple»; c'était si difficile d'être simple.»

15. RoRoRoro's rating of the film Mauvais sang

16. atartinia's rating of the film Mauvais sang

Love story that touches but stays far away from cliché. Beautiful camerawork and pacing tho.

17. _OOO_'s rating of the film Mauvais sang

"Mauvais sang is a film which loves the cinema, but which doesn't love the cinema of today."

18. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film Mauvais sang

19. bagno's rating of the film Mauvais sang

20. Eric Rucker's rating of the film Mauvais sang

Some interesting, idiomatic things. Style and verve to burn but with little of lasting worth to say about the world or the language, so the ways it was said ring false in the moment and looking back. Worse, the things said aloud were embarrassingly French-male. Callow aping pretentiousness. And Binoche was no Brooks, making that attempted evocation sad. As was all the red, white/gray, and blue. Poetry it is not.

21. naokoken's rating of the film Mauvais sang

Amazing film. "Say 'I love you.' Go on, say it, so it echoes in my dreams." This movie is going to echo in my dreams. Alex says, "I've only loved girls with dead fathers." Later Anna says "I'd almost forgotten what it's like to be missed." Britten and Prokofiev selections worked well, as did the Bowie. Run, run as fast as you can...

22. Eric Robinson's rating of the film Mauvais sang

Yeah, not my cup of tea...

23. mark adamczyk's rating of the film Mauvais sang

original. striking sets and camera work. twists and trysts. For current and future Godard fans.

24. mpho3's rating of the film Mauvais sang

"MS favors spectacle and stylistic excess over narrative coherence, sprinkling plot points...over yowza set pieces like pixie dust. But Carax does not want to tell you a story. He wants to express, in the purest way he can, his infatuation with storytelling through images and genre conventions, performance and voyeurism, cinema and cinephilia. This is film-drunkeness at its most inebriated." - David Fear, TimeOut

← Previous 1 3 4 5