1. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film Maxwell's Demon

And here we have a Frampton film that doesn’t work for me too well. Maybe a good fitness program. Maybe not though.

2. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film Maxwell's Demon

3. Evan Schafer's rating of the film Maxwell's Demon

Here we have an incredibly aesthetic piece of work that follows an almost rigorous (no pun intended) switch between an antiquated exercise film and flashes of various colors with a static-like sound attached to it. There is an obvious dichotomy with the black and white and the use of color, but as with a majority of experimental film, there is no apparent purpose for what is happening onscreen. Interesting for sure.

4. i hate movies's rating of the film Maxwell's Demon

so i am just curious: why is the length of this film listed as 24 minutes? i watched it on the criterion set and it was only 3 mins 44 sec. am i missing something?

5. Matthew_Lucas's rating of the film Maxwell's Demon

Frampton took shots from a public domain exercise video and intercut it with wild flashes of color in this, his first sound film. Intended as a tribute to Scottish physicist, Clerk Maxwell, the film is a cerebral and highly symbolic aesthetic exercise, in which every color and movement is representative of Maxwell's theories.