1. blkrchs's rating of the film Me and Orson Welles

2. Naoya Kugimiya's rating of the film Me and Orson Welles

3. Sarah J.B.'s rating of the film Me and Orson Welles

4. DanOffen's rating of the film Me and Orson Welles

This was really touching. A great portrayal of creativity, arrogance and ambition. Good performances too.

5. smndvdcl's rating of the film Me and Orson Welles

The man behind the master. Must all geniuses be tyrants bound by hubris? There might be exceptions that disprove the rule, but this intrinsically reveals the petty corruption of 'the narrative arts' industry with incisive skill.

6. thomasjeff16's rating of the film Me and Orson Welles

The last act turned things around for me.

7. Christopher M. Jones's rating of the film Me and Orson Welles

Joe looks like a svelte John Cena and it's real distracting

8. MS1915's rating of the film Me and Orson Welles

I only watched the film to see McKay's personification of Orson Welles and I was pleasantly surprised by the acting of him, Efron, and several of the background characters. While I disagree with Linklater's approach to the subject, I think he did a great job of portraying the time period and the authenticity of the characters.

9. ULA ZUHRA's rating of the film Me and Orson Welles

zac efron gave a good performance, surprise surprise

10. msmichel's rating of the film Me and Orson Welles

Richard Linklater's attempt to make something akin to a Woody Allen film falls oh so flat. No fault of the actors and really the story of Welles' launching of "Caesar" on 41st should have gave birth to a greater story than this. Christian McKay is indeed a marvel as Welles with ok characterizations by young Efron and Danes. Was nice to see Ben Chaplin with a meaty part again as well. Overall a disappointment.

11. Jeff Mendoza's rating of the film Me and Orson Welles

12. Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy's rating of the film Me and Orson Welles

Fun...a bit of a surprise, I thought Efron comported himself well initially...a bit too simpering towards the end of the film perhaps. I love that we are still fascinated with Orson Welles.

13. albertofarina's rating of the film Me and Orson Welles

Neat recreation of the Mercury theater's heydays, it's slightly overlong but it does deliver to a point. As good as Christian McKay is, though, I must note his Welles seemed to lack the bigger-than-life quality of originale. A good film, not an unforgettable one.

14. wolfmansRazor's rating of the film Me and Orson Welles

A delightful trifle. McKay performs a wonderful impersonation of Welles, and Efron is charming as the un-neurotic young hipster who gets the part and gets, for a time at least, the girl. At first, this seemed like odd material for Linklater, but it combines the let's-put-on-a-show exuberance of School Of Rock with the carefree late-adolescent shiftlessness of Dazed And Confused.

15. AKFilmFan's rating of the film Me and Orson Welles

While Efron does fine and the backstage stories are great, the movie depends on the portrayal of Welles and McKay pulls it off almost perfectly.

16. Michael Harbour's rating of the film Me and Orson Welles

A thoroughly enjoyable film with more depth than is immediately apparent. Zac Efron continues to make smart choices in breaking away from the "Disney Channel curse" - he keeps stretching but not so far and so fast as to alienate his fans. Christian McKay is uncanny as Welles (I happened to have seen "The Third Man" about a week before "Me and Orson Wells" so the young Welles was fresh in my mind).

17. Holger Haase's rating of the film Me and Orson Welles

Beautiful movie with a very modern feel though clearly set in the 1930s.

18. Mingle's rating of the film Me and Orson Welles

If the film wasn't so bland, Christian McKay probably would have won something for his performance. So damn good.

19. Max the Movie Guy's rating of the film Me and Orson Welles

One of the best performances from a Disney teenybopper I've ever seen.

20. Safa Topal's rating of the film Me and Orson Welles

I had watched Me and Orson Welles one year ago and still cannot forget highly intriguing theatre scenes. Linklater knows what he does.

21. WhatsUpWill's rating of the film Me and Orson Welles

McKay was robbed of a nomination, and perhaps, a win.

22. Edward Copeland's rating of the film Me and Orson Welles

Led by Christian McKay's powerhouse performance, Richard Linklater delivers hs best film since Dazed and Confused. http://eddieonfilm.blogspot.com/2010/09/in-awe-of-such-thing-as-welles-himself.html

23. Thomas Frovin's rating of the film Me and Orson Welles

A cute, well turned adaptation; not earth shattering in it's brilliance and sometimes a bit overwritten and explanatory, but the striking casting of Efron, Danes and McKay generates the energi needed. And the music is wonderful. A hipper (and far better!) companion to Aunts' Comedy of the Year 2006, "Mrs. Henderson Presents".

24. Henrique Amud's rating of the film Me and Orson Welles

I just love how Linklater sometimes just creates some light and unpretentious entertainment that really has a heart. McKay and Danes were very good, but why the fuck cast this incredibly bad Efron? Really, I got nothing against the kid and his teen movies, but he is not an actor.