1. The Macho King's rating of the film Meadowland

Giovanni Ribisi was the best thing about this film,but he was sadly underutilized.Not sure what this film was trying to accomplish.It strives to do many things but unfortunately never succeeds in accomplishing any of them.

2. J. O.'s rating of the film Meadowland

Another paint by numbers sombre indie film. There is a severely under-utilized supporting cast, inexplicable behaviour (and no, as a filmmaker you can't blame any absurdity you want on depression and trauma) and the whole affair mostly amounts to pretty shots of sad people and strained arguments. Half-baked, coulda spent more time in the oven.

3. Elephants_Gerald's rating of the film Meadowland

The most autopilot'd and world-champion-of-indie-movie-cliché-bingo thing I've seen since THE SKELETON TWINS. I learned nothing from this except that it's hard to lose your child and it makes you act in scene-chewing ways. American independent film has become a cesspool of easy signifiers of depth: mainly the "irredeemable asshole millenial" character and Lifetime movie tragedies about things that are obviously sad.

4. Ayinde Anderson's rating of the film Meadowland

Great acting, great direction, and great cinematography. The film fell short in very few scenes for me. That's a huge accomplishment considering the film's dramatic content. I thought it was a very genuine character study of these two individuals dealing with grief through anger, denial, and exhausting all their solutions.

5. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Meadowland

This was some good casting, and good acting. I don't think Phil went too dark. I thought Pete just overreacted. Pete expressed a wish, and when he was confronted with the reality he felt ashamed.

6. Carlos Filipe Freitas's rating of the film Meadowland

Directed by the cinematographer Reed Morano from a screenplay by Chris Rossi, “Meadowland” is a poignant drama that demonstrates how people can descend into very dark places after going through a deeply grievous situation. (3.5 stars)