1. Gingerastaire's rating of the film Mean Streets

One of my all time favorite films. I don't know why but I just love it. Johnny boy is extremely annoying and adorable at the same time.

2. Giulia Galbarini's rating of the film Mean Streets

"You don't make up for your sins in church. You do it in the streets. You do it at home. The rest is bullshit and you know it."

3. Sean Proud's rating of the film Mean Streets

4. Stevie's rating of the film Mean Streets

Absolutely electrifying and brilliantly innovative. Scorsese's first great film.

5. Jimmi HRS's rating of the film Mean Streets

I like that Scorsese shows the nitty gritty side of mob life and relationships rather than the glamorised aspect that is usually present in gangster films.

6. AdrianM.'s rating of the film Mean Streets

I usually hate this question and the morons who ask it but: Why is this film so great? All i got was the idiotic street dialogue, guys fighting/beating the crap out of eachother for some stupid reason ,"money money hurr durr my fucking money" and an annoying camera movement

7. Rattzz Matanzano's rating of the film Mean Streets

I think the characters are less likable than intended, I found Keitel's character tedious but another heavy performance by de-Niro!

8. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film Mean Streets

Un homenaje al clásico cine negro aunque con un estilo propio. Scorsese inserta a los personajes y un estilo similiar al de "Who's That Knocking...", solo que en esta ocasión el contexto (los bajos fondos italoamericanos) es un protagonista más. Un individuo que se debate entre la amistad, el amor y sus propias ambiciones.

9. Swag Yolo's rating of the film Mean Streets

SCORCESE's first great film. The DE NIRO from the 70s was out of this world.

10. JessicaAlva's rating of the film Mean Streets

Scorsese first dive into the catholic quilt attributed to some Italian-Americans.

11. Cole Caudle's rating of the film Mean Streets

In film school it didn't do you any favours to openly dislike Scorsese, but I have to admit I was never quite as enamoured with his work in the way many of my fellow students were. However, revisiting this film last night I found it hard not to admire. Ever since I started teaching Film Studies my appreciation for Scorsese has grown because I see firsthand the excitement his work inspires in the students.

12. Rahul's rating of the film Mean Streets

This does not look or feel like an American film, and that is the greatest tribute I can pay it. Where has this Scorsese gone?

13. filipequintans's rating of the film Mean Streets

14. orangey's rating of the film Mean Streets

obnoxious, loud and it takes itself too serious. as much fun as a headache

15. Howard Fritzson's rating of the film Mean Streets

Outside of the brilliant Nick Nolte episode in NEW YORK STORIES, I have never gotten more pleasure out of a Martin Scorsese film than MEAN STREETS. To me, it is not only his most personal film, it is also his funniest and most inspired. And it is also the high point of Robert DeNiro's career. Sorry.

16. Nathan Demers's rating of the film Mean Streets

17. Cinema Paradisio's rating of the film Mean Streets

18. Marc Patterson's rating of the film Mean Streets

Mean Streets was a disorganized journey that took me a few days to process. Charlie's (Keitel) conflict between his ambitions and loyalty to his friend (De Niro) is developed slowly, with several (seemingly) unrelated allegories along the way. The relationship between the two characters resonated deeply with me, and the impact the film had on modern crime drama is undeniable.

19. billy c.'s rating of the film Mean Streets

What really attracts me to this film is its energy, both from characters and the camera. I like Scorsese's crude style.

20. -'s rating of the film Mean Streets

the opening credits (:

21. courtneylesueur's rating of the film Mean Streets

The "Jumpin' Jack Flash" scene. Oh man.

22. CafeGradiva's rating of the film Mean Streets