1. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Meantime

***1/2. Man is meant to work. Superb performances by Roth and Oldman. Recommended.

2. OLIVER-J's rating of the film Meantime

loved this. the setting, characters and performances. every frame just captures the period perfectly. only complaint would maybe be the score, but it grew on me a little.

3. Amy Madden's rating of the film Meantime

Absolutely loved this film. The music and the scenes fitted so well together and I just loved the development of the characters throughout. Could really relate to the story and in parts made my nostalgic.

4. Jason's rating of the film Meantime

MEANTIME strikes me as being pretty clearly the strongest of Leigh's television movies, and one of the finest works of Thatcher-era screen miserabilism. It speaks for a whole subset of the British populace that has nominally been written off. It is ultimately about neglect, alienation, and fiercely limited options. It is not, however, a polemic. It is dynamic social cinema, impeccably observed and deeply felt.

5. FISCHER's rating of the film Meantime

Par le réalisateur de "Naked" et "Life is sweet", une chronique de la vie des petites gens dans l'Angleterre thatcherienne, désabusée et pourtant hautement humaine. www.cinefiches.com

6. Erik F.'s rating of the film Meantime

An annoying and unnecessary musical score, but otherwise it does dreary realism well.

7. kris's rating of the film Meantime

I found this interesting, not knowing what to expect. Parklife...

8. miles's rating of the film Meantime

excellent drama, the realism is just insane.

9. Diogo Pires's rating of the film Meantime

10. anaimiaktion's rating of the film Meantime

11. pinkwargasm's rating of the film Meantime

12. WonderfulTerrific's rating of the film Meantime

Tim Roth's performance is legendary.

13. Francisco R.'s rating of the film Meantime

I wasn't as impressed with this one as I did with Bleak Moments, the other made for TV film I've seen from Leigh, I found it much more interesting as a portrait of a recession-struck London than as a dysfunctional family trope, though the former is used as a mere background for the main conflict. Still, the performances are brilliant as in all of Leigh's work, specially worth mentioning is Roth's complicated turn.

14. Obient's rating of the film Meantime

It's seem real, my monitor is like a "window". My fave scene is "broken window". I know Roth, Oldman, and Jeff Robert give good performance, but my fave is Phil Daniels, I don't know, personally I love Mark character.

15. R_D_P's rating of the film Meantime

It's rare to find a film/other piece of art about the British working class that doesn't romanticise or patronise them in some way, but Leigh manages it. Great film, apart from the music.

16. Luka's rating of the film Meantime

Great to see Roth, Oldman and Molina before their big breaks!

17. Publius's rating of the film Meantime

Works better as a (very in-depth) study of Thatcher's Britain than as a movie. It's definitely a TV movie.