1. Kristina TamelytÄ—'s rating of the film Mechanical Love

sometimes it feels like as if you've wandered into Vonnegut's "Cat's Cradle"

2. fluforget's rating of the film Mechanical Love

interesting thoughts throughout, but an undeveloped plot and overall seemed poor as a movie - would rather find a similar TED Talk of some 10 minutes

3. aaa88's rating of the film Mechanical Love

Interesting questions about emotions, human and artificial.

4. sebekk's rating of the film Mechanical Love

... the human (uncanny) need for (engineered) love and our craving to be loved by other (engineered devices) ...

5. Artropo's rating of the film Mechanical Love

Fairly superficial treatment of a rather fertile topic. The best way to know the documentary went nowhere is to ask yourself if you see the matter differently or if you got new insights; I know I didn't. Countless minutes pass seeing an academic wonder if the silicone seems real enough.

6. James Widdicombe's rating of the film Mechanical Love

Decent documentary about human-like robots (and robot pets). The scenes with the old lady and her pet robot were cute but the film overall isn't too engaging. The film tries to have a build up at the end but it just falls flat for me.

7. Kid Sisyphus's rating of the film Mechanical Love

Materialists and their neo-Cartesian mind/body duality can suck it -- the mind isn't some equation that can be separated from the body, it IS the body. And what's this nonsense about Japan, birthplace of the ostentatious mecha, trying to pass off a spectacled piece of immobile silicon called a "geminoid"?

8. ce ca's rating of the film Mechanical Love