1. Mr.Rager's rating of the film Meek's Cutoff

K.Reichardt expanded her own unique cinema approach with every film that she has made. And her titles are so different but they always have this goal in common, to build up strong female characterization. Loosely based on real facts, Meek's Cutoff makes no exception from the rule but this time it was done in a slow-paced kinda western fashion. It kept improved on every lvl from start til the abrupt ending. 7.25/10

2. Ronja's rating of the film Meek's Cutoff

i loved everything - the slow pace, the sounds of this strange journey and the music, the cinematography, the way the sky and clouds are shown, water... and the moment when for a few seconds i thought i see a caravan creeping down the clouds. and of course the feminist perspective. the ending was a real teaser!!! (i also wonder if reichard has seen sarunas bartas' freedom)

3. Clat's rating of the film Meek's Cutoff

4. Sebastian Eklund's rating of the film Meek's Cutoff

Exquisite cinematography. I'll probably revisit it.

5. Eleanor Abernathy's rating of the film Meek's Cutoff

hella slow. this movie really takes its time.

6. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film Meek's Cutoff

This was the biggest surprise in my “Into the West” film festival. I picked it partly to do with it’s having a good reputation, but mostly for diversity. It ended up being one of the best of the set of films I picked, maybe even number one. Much to praise, but if I had to pick one moment that stuck out it was the dissolve from the mountain range into the caravan on the plain, which blew my mind.

7. JoaoM's rating of the film Meek's Cutoff

8. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Meek's Cutoff

6.6/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-33g

9. Emile Tremblay's rating of the film Meek's Cutoff

10. Myles's rating of the film Meek's Cutoff

Reichardt's revisionist Western provides a strikingly human take on Oregon Trail mythology. Amid all the unknowing, fear and terror and hope and humor rise up like onions slowly shriveling in a frying pan.

11. alucarda's rating of the film Meek's Cutoff

all felt sharp rather than dreamlike, as opposed to Picnic @ Hanging Rock or Days of Heaven, scenes were beautiful but nothing felt rich, although the dissolving of one landscape into another was incredible to see. not as captivating as expected, viewer is spared the lunacy that comes with scarcity, but use of sound & attention given each tight lipped character allowed for interesting & insightful play between them

12. laura karl's rating of the film Meek's Cutoff

liebe die dramatische beiläufigkeit.

13. Renton47's rating of the film Meek's Cutoff

An exercise in slow submersion as Reichardt gradually aligns us with Williams' Tetherow to the effect of bewilderment. Initially as lost in darkness, deafness and otherness as the characters seem from the land, we center at a moral quandary that America seems built on: what if the loudest & most ruthless don't know what they're doing? The use of audio for perception, the tableaux of scenery, all excellent.

14. Arthur Freitas's rating of the film Meek's Cutoff

Reichardt is fascinating and its work is trully unique. MEEK'S CUTOFF goes hard on you, and you need to be prepared.

15. Nachtreich's rating of the film Meek's Cutoff

16. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Meek's Cutoff

17. Diderot's rating of the film Meek's Cutoff

An absolute masterpiece about the dilemma of how and whom to trust when all the options are blank. (And a landscape that doesn't want you and will have nothing to do with you.)

18. superjano's rating of the film Meek's Cutoff

Una road-movie del oeste bellamente silenciosa.

19. J.J. 'Jake' Gittes's rating of the film Meek's Cutoff

It's easier to say what this movie is not meant to be about: western, women emancipation, leadership or indians. It's about sheer desperation. Imagine; how terrible the home of these people must have been, so they have decided to move... to nowhere. Like emigrants from Mexico or Syria/Aleppo. On the other hand this movie is so unemotional; and that is the most important shortcoming. You just watch, but don't share.

20. James Mackin's rating of the film Meek's Cutoff

Low-key, but tense. Reminded me a bit of Bresson. I quite enjoyed this, and I look forward to watching more of Kelly Reichardt's films.

21. taniaburrito's rating of the film Meek's Cutoff

22. Oneb's rating of the film Meek's Cutoff

Confident collaboration on the dangers and uncertainty faced by the American pioneers of the 19th century. The suggestion/revelation of a policy amongst the native Americans towards the pioneers elevates this film into profound territory.

23. Rita Barbosa's rating of the film Meek's Cutoff

Deeply intense, despite the slow pace.

24. Benjamin Fardell's rating of the film Meek's Cutoff

I was really enjoying this, right up until the unsatisfying ending. 3 fifths of a great film.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7