1. Pipim's rating of the film Mektoub, My Love: Canto Uno

Quoi dire d'une telle oeuvre à l'heure de la série télévisée ? Là où le corps prenait toute sa place avant, il y avait une captation de la douleur ou de la rage des êtres. Ici il y a une véritable béance qui remplit tout: existences à remplir par les addictions (le sexe, l'alcool) qui confinent ces existences à une futilité sans fond et sans fin. Que dire déjà d'une oeuvre qui prétend encore 20 ans de filmage ?

2. caddie's rating of the film Mektoub, My Love: Canto Uno

Kechiche offers the audience a total immersion into the smoking hot and wet summer holidays in the French Riviera. The camera gets so dizzlingly intimate that it magnetizes you from the strawberry scene. Contemporary Claire's Knee, le film de l'époque. A film about love, tears, sex, lust, sadness and joy through the lense of – perversity. A film about the search for one's destiny in the midst of modern chaos.

3. Ursule Piscine's rating of the film Mektoub, My Love: Canto Uno

4. Victor Morosoff's rating of the film Mektoub, My Love: Canto Uno

5. Ostermyers's rating of the film Mektoub, My Love: Canto Uno

solar energy, eternal vision of life.

6. ig_____or's rating of the film Mektoub, My Love: Canto Uno

@LEFFEST 2017 Canto Uno does a respectable job at introducing the characters and setting the stage for this putative trilogy, though I'm pretty sure this could've been done in 2 hours or less. There were hot bodies, sexy smiles, a creepy uncle, beautiful sunsets and cute sheep... but I missed a direction, a conflict and so it felt pretty easy-breezy... perhaps as summer vacations should feel.

7. Ana Sousa's rating of the film Mektoub, My Love: Canto Uno

[LEFFEST'17] Went into this one kind of in the dark, not really knowing what I was about to experience. Didn't feel completely connected to it at first but I was definitely conquered after half an hour. Never seen youth captured in such a beautiful way. So real, raw, no bullshit. Not a thing hidden. The dialogs made me believe these actors weren't actors but people, real people, living real lives. Masterpiece.

8. Inês's rating of the film Mektoub, My Love: Canto Uno

Versão de 180' de Veneza.

9. chanandre's rating of the film Mektoub, My Love: Canto Uno

[leffest '17] Between Renoir & Malick, Rossellini and Olmi, Ferreri & Frammartino, Pasolini and Rohmer. Nobody shoots summer, life, women, desire, youth, food, lust, wild animals, the sea, skin(s), etc(s) quite like he does. It's the gaze of a gorger of both life and love, hand in hand, mouth to mouth. He's at his most Malickian. Peaking at the peak. Mektoub is to Kechiche what Léaud is to Truffaut. I Want Canto Dos!

10. AdaRLD's rating of the film Mektoub, My Love: Canto Uno

How could this not win anything in Venice? Kechiche obsessions resurfacing during a hot 90's summer in south of France. A contemplation of youth and life in very long sequences, until exhaustion. Rich and impressive cast, as always.

11. Daniella Hervert's rating of the film Mektoub, My Love: Canto Uno

12. Gioele's rating of the film Mektoub, My Love: Canto Uno

A parte qualche scena poco riuscita e qualche personaggio poco credibile, un film che NON fallisce nei suoi intenti di rappresentare la gioventù. Attori bravissimi e sceneggiatura curatissima. Attendo il CANTO DUE!

13. OldGermanCurrency's rating of the film Mektoub, My Love: Canto Uno