1. ig_____or's rating of the film Mektoub, My Love: Canto Uno

@LEFFEST 2017 Canto Uno does a respectable job at introducing the characters and setting the stage for this putative trilogy, though I'm pretty sure this could've been done in 2 hours or less. There were hot bodies, sexy smiles, a creepy uncle, beautiful sunsets and cute sheep... but I missed a direction, a conflict and so it felt pretty easy-breezy... perhaps as summer vacations should feel.

2. Ana Sousa's rating of the film Mektoub, My Love: Canto Uno

[LEFFEST'17] Went into this one kind of in the dark, not really knowing what I was about to experience. Didn't feel completely connected to it at first but I was definitely conquered after half an hour. Never seen youth captured in such a beautiful way. So real, raw, no bullshit. Not a thing hidden. The dialogs made me believe these actors weren't actors but people, real people, living real lives. Masterpiece.

3. Inês's rating of the film Mektoub, My Love: Canto Uno

Versão de 180' de Veneza.

4. chanandre's rating of the film Mektoub, My Love: Canto Uno

[leffest '17] Between Renoir & Malick, Rossellini and Olmi, Ferreri & Frammartino, Pasolini and Rohmer. Nobody shoots summer, life, women, desire, youth, food, lust, wild animals, the sea, skin(s), etc(s) quite like he does. It's the gaze of a gorger of both life and love, hand in hand, mouth to mouth. He's at his most Malickian. Peaking at the peak. Mektoub is to Kechiche what Léaud is to Truffaut. I Want Canto Dos!

5. AdaRLD's rating of the film Mektoub, My Love: Canto Uno

How could this not win anything in Venice? Kechiche obsessions resurfacing during a hot 90's summer in south of France. A contemplation of youth and life in very long sequences, until exhaustion. Rich and impressive cast, as always.

6. Daniella Hervert's rating of the film Mektoub, My Love: Canto Uno

7. Gioele's rating of the film Mektoub, My Love: Canto Uno

A parte qualche scena poco riuscita e qualche personaggio poco credibile, un film che NON fallisce nei suoi intenti di rappresentare la gioventù. Attori bravissimi e sceneggiatura curatissima. Attendo il CANTO DUE!

8. OldGermanCurrency's rating of the film Mektoub, My Love: Canto Uno