1. freskonthesfenks's rating of the film Melancholia

My eyes had multiple orgasms watching this film. Scenery is so perfect like his other films. Trier split the movie into two parts and each part shows that person's melancholic hard times. Every single person in this movie had done very well with their jobs. I nearly puked while the Melancholia coming closer and closer to the earth.

2. Noëlle's rating of the film Melancholia

Loved this, especially on the big screen

3. pumpkindraconis's rating of the film Melancholia

Was hard to watch due to slow and heavy pace. Trier put what's deep inside of us as far as possible? It will always be there, sometimes it will pass us by, we'll make ourselves believe that but will hit us nevertheless. I liked the mood he tried to reflect, in colors and places. Visually satisfying.

4. spasmolytic's rating of the film Melancholia

5. Joana Margarida's rating of the film Melancholia

I'm just confused. It feels like I've just watched two distinct movies in a row.

6. Scorpio Velvet's rating of the film Melancholia

Bowie once sang "As the world falls down", von Trier created a planet name MELANCHOLIA. Depressing this film may seem as watching it the first time, most of it feels like a drama with little bit of sci-fi added in since it has to do with both depression & the end of the world. On the other hand, Dunst & Gainsbourg do give out some brilliant performances as for the film's opening & ending being 100% mind-blowing.

7. Vitória Carvalho's rating of the film Melancholia

Imagens e ambiente que transmitem uma grande densidade de sentimentos, estes que metaforicamente retratam a perspectiva de depressão para Lars Von Trier.

8. Shahin Katila's rating of the film Melancholia

9. Richmond Hill's rating of the film Melancholia

A dramatically satisfying first half - a mordantly hilarious wedding reception preceded by striking premonitory pastiches of paintings - gives way to an opaque and often inert second with reactions to the impending eschatological disaster being either maddening or just plain boring (cipher-like characters you barely care about do not help). It's visually assured and striking throughout however.

10. surgery-ethic's rating of the film Melancholia

11. Karina O.'s rating of the film Melancholia

I couldn't breathe. Deeply unsettling, but really good.

12. MiloBOK's rating of the film Melancholia

A dark, powerful experience that is my first Lars von Trier movie. Beautifully shot but tediously slow at times, it really picks up in the second act with a memorable ending. It's super depressing but well worth the watch. I was reminded a lot of Another Earth in the process of watching this film, as both movies tackle a similiar approach to 'soft' science fiction.

13. ceknklsn's rating of the film Melancholia

80/100 (Bugün biraz düşünüyordum da sana biraz haksızlık etmişim Melancholia. Çünkü sizin derdinizi en içten şekilde paylaşıyorum. Bazen filmlerde mantık vs aranmayacağının kanıtısınız. Kim bilir belki 1 hafta, belki 10 yıl sonra bu puanım sizi hatırladıkça yada izledikçe artacak. Ama şimdilik yapabileceğim bu :( üzgünüm. )

14. Luís F Matos's rating of the film Melancholia

15. Balthaz21's rating of the film Melancholia

16. anacecil's rating of the film Melancholia

Melancolía todo el tiempo, impecable, muy buena actuación, muy buen tema

17. Carolina Pereira's rating of the film Melancholia

Cinematografia radiante. Boa expressão de sentimentos e sensações perante a realidade metafórica que o filme retrata

18. cherbourgdoll's rating of the film Melancholia

Didn't expect it to be this good. Seriously recommend.

19. FISCHER's rating of the film Melancholia

Sur fond étoilé d'apocalypse planétaire, deux superbes portraits de femmes, antinomiques et complémentaires à la fois, qui au fur et à mesure de l'imminence de la catastrophe ultime, permutent lentement leurs caractères et leurs appréhensions, la perturbée Justine devient apaisée et sereine et l'entreprenante Claire s'étiole dans la crainte et la confusion. www.cinefiches.com

20. kiptok's rating of the film Melancholia

movie-i-luv-that-i-forgot-2-rate

21. choupinet's rating of the film Melancholia

A favorite by Trier. Mesmerizing and artistically depiction of Justine's various stages of depression as the planet Melancholia gets closer to collide with the Earth. The movie contains lots of symbolism and historical references, which could be interesting to explore and analyze further.

22. Max Chervin's rating of the film Melancholia

Idk, this movie about depression made me depressed, go figure

23. abyantama's rating of the film Melancholia

24. Fabiano Sasselli's rating of the film Melancholia

Very nice film, the soundtrack was perfect, everything was perfectly calibrated,but the wedding was strange and i didn't understand why it was there