1. Guillermo Padilla's rating of the film Melancholia

2. captainfez's rating of the film Melancholia

Udo Kier's character has the right idea.

3. Leif Erikson's rating of the film Melancholia

4. Quattro's rating of the film Melancholia

Depression, contempt, death. The only hero you could ever find in Von Trier's misanthropic universe is the very one that'll wipe us all out. The End never felt so close, frightening, and just.

5. Banes's rating of the film Melancholia

Tristan und Isolde playing while the world ends. Unfortunately it's only fiction.

6. Neil Reilly's rating of the film Melancholia

Although film was indulgently beautiful to look at, the impenetrable psychosis of the characters was frustratingly dragged out and set a task of endurance for the viewer. I had no engagement, empathy or sympathy for any of the characters. The title is trite. I can’t pretend I enjoyed this at all.

7. Rex Freeman's rating of the film Melancholia

The rearranging of the books.

8. Claire Wongsutin's rating of the film Melancholia

9. @frassivan's rating of the film Melancholia

A fascinating story that tells the inner turmoil of these poor-rich people. Strongly barricaded behind their wealth, however unable to face the catastrophic event that is approaching just like any other human being on earth. Neither the "organic" horse nor the "electric" one can help them to cross the small bridge that separates their golden cage from the outside world. Great cast, set and photography

10. GruppoGolo's rating of the film Melancholia

Von Trier describe with his poetic style the suffering of depression through a narration halfway between a drama and science fiction to reach the general public.

11. MisterColo93's rating of the film Melancholia

12. lonesbaltris's rating of the film Melancholia

The parts of the movie and the story are shattered. You may get confused while you're watching. But the scenes that he reveals with his camera, spectacular!

13. Sara Sousa's rating of the film Melancholia

14. Walker's rating of the film Melancholia

As someone who has dealt with depression, I fux with this movie. The opening sequence says it all. Recommended.

15. freskonthesfenks's rating of the film Melancholia

My eyes had multiple orgasms watching this film. Scenery is so perfect like his other films. Trier split the movie into two parts and each part shows that person's melancholic hard times. Every single person in this movie had done very well with their jobs. I nearly puked while the Melancholia coming closer and closer to the earth.

16. Noëlle's rating of the film Melancholia

Loved this, especially on the big screen

17. pumpkindraconis's rating of the film Melancholia

Pulled me in but it was hard to watch due to slow and heavy pace, which continuously kept me on edge. Trier put what's deep inside of us as far as possible? It will always be there, sometimes it will pass us by, we'll make ourselves believe that but will hit us nevertheless. I liked the mood he tried to reflect, in colors and places. Visually satisfying.

18. spasmolytic's rating of the film Melancholia

Good but not his best by a long shot.

19. Joana Margarida's rating of the film Melancholia

I'm just confused. It feels like I've just watched two distinct movies in a row.

20. Scorpio Velvet's rating of the film Melancholia

Bowie once sang "As the world falls down", von Trier created a planet name MELANCHOLIA. Depressing this film may seem as watching it the first time, most of it feels like a drama with little bit of sci-fi added in since it has to do with both depression & the end of the world. On the other hand, Dunst & Gainsbourg do give out some brilliant performances as for the film's opening & ending being 100% mind-blowing.

21. Vitória Carvalho's rating of the film Melancholia

Imagens e ambiente que transmitem uma grande densidade de sentimentos, estes que metaforicamente retratam a perspectiva de depressão para Lars Von Trier.

22. Shahin Katila's rating of the film Melancholia

23. Richmond Hill's rating of the film Melancholia

A dramatically satisfying first half - a mordantly hilarious wedding reception preceded by striking premonitory pastiches of paintings - gives way to an opaque and often inert second with reactions to the impending eschatological disaster being either maddening or just plain boring (cipher-like characters you barely care about do not help). It's visually assured and striking throughout however.

24. surgery-ethic's rating of the film Melancholia