1. alfredodimalo's rating of the film Memoirs of a Geisha

2. Adam GR's rating of the film Memoirs of a Geisha

Almost everything is lost in translation. Why are these characters speaking English? Why are we in Japan if these women are Chinese? Why can no American director emulate an Asian approach to film? So confusing, anyways....luxurious costuming, the art direction in Sayuri's geisha debut is entrancingly beautiful and eerie. Gong Li is living in this role. A rose-colored romance told through trauma.

3. zohen lux's rating of the film Memoirs of a Geisha

O! The Blue Eyed Beaut *___* we brown eyed degenerates simply can't compete >:(

4. Pango's rating of the film Memoirs of a Geisha

5 stars for costime, production design and cinemathography. However, the story, based on a poetic book, it s reduce to a Hollywood Desperate Housewives. The acting was disappointing, and I don t understand why they used English.

5. De La Ghetto's rating of the film Memoirs of a Geisha

I liked this movie for 3 reasons. 1. The score. 2. Gong Li's performance. 3. the cinematography.

6. Mathilde's rating of the film Memoirs of a Geisha

The more you know about japanese culture and cinema, the more you will hate this movie. At least it's pretty

7. Barbara Kirsch's rating of the film Memoirs of a Geisha

Finally, I rewatched this this as the first time I was not fully aware about geisha's philosophy and was still not prepared for it. Today I can tell that this story was truly well represented and aestheticism of the pictures was stunning. Recommended!

8. zotibaws's rating of the film Memoirs of a Geisha

Disappointment. I used to love this movie as a teen, but now after rewatching it, it left me with a bitter taste. Poor acting, poor representation of the Japanese culture. Hollywood's idea of what Japan is. Also, the random words in Japanese made me cringe. It had some charming visuals, hence the extra star.

9. VivianDarkbloom's rating of the film Memoirs of a Geisha

10. Maria Helena's rating of the film Memoirs of a Geisha

Não há nada mais frágil que a beleza. Não há nada mais doloroso que a beleza. E ao mesmo tempo, não há nada mais vazio. O conceito de beleza não é algo que se possua mas algo que nos possuí. E na decisão de entregar a vida na servidão dessa beleza, frágil, sofredora, sacrificasse o valor humano de nos pertencermos e passasse a pertencer á sorte de quem deseja mais a intocabilidade da beleza. Nunca do amor.

11. Kevin Costner's rating of the film Memoirs of a Geisha

12. efekan's rating of the film Memoirs of a Geisha

it wasnt good enough that i expected

13. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Memoirs of a Geisha

14. ehk2's rating of the film Memoirs of a Geisha

how do they heat those Chinese houses, ups, sorry Japanese houses?

15. RoRoRoro's rating of the film Memoirs of a Geisha

16. Superdzo's rating of the film Memoirs of a Geisha

Pretty beautiful film but a little bit boring. Book goes better

17. Анна Каренина's rating of the film Memoirs of a Geisha

18. Juli Lux's rating of the film Memoirs of a Geisha

It's a beautifull story of the life of a geisha. jealousy, privileges and making something of your life by power and self controle. It definitely was an inspirational movie for me. I can't understand why people wound't like this, besides it is a romantic version of real life.

19. LNLee's rating of the film Memoirs of a Geisha

one of my favorite films about asian culture. the actors/actresses are actually asian (it's sad how this just can't be taken for granted compared to the other racist trash that's out there--like seriously yellow/black-face in 2014 with movies like EXODUS...really?!) and they actually did their research. also an actual attempt of making sayuri into a strong woman instead of a standard geisha stereotype.

20. marcorenton's rating of the film Memoirs of a Geisha

Poor execution of an ok-book.

21. richardlawrn's rating of the film Memoirs of a Geisha

I tried to watch this film when I was younger but I couldn't go further after the first 20 minutes. Today I randomly picked it and I was blown away! The story, the actors, the art direction... all too perfect. Almost ten years later, I was able to enjoy such piece of art!

22. Andreia Coutinho's rating of the film Memoirs of a Geisha

Fascinating :) Though would have prefer it in Japanese.

23. Ogtoma's rating of the film Memoirs of a Geisha

I don't know why I wasted my time watching film like this. My taste changed. Weird

24. Murat Erdem's rating of the film Memoirs of a Geisha