1. Mathilde's rating of the film Memoirs of a Geisha

The more you know about japanese culture and cinema, the more you will hate this movie. At least it's pretty

2. Barbara Kirsch's rating of the film Memoirs of a Geisha

Finally, I rewatched this this as the first time I was not fully aware about geisha's philosophy and was still not prepared for it. Today I can tell that this story was truly well represented and aestheticism of the pictures was stunning. Recommended!

3. zotibaws's rating of the film Memoirs of a Geisha

Disappointment. I used to love this movie as a teen, but now after rewatching it, it left me with a bitter taste. Poor acting, poor representation of the Japanese culture. Hollywood's idea of what Japan is. Also, the random words in Japanese made me cringe. It had some charming visuals, hence the extra star.

4. VivianDarkbloom's rating of the film Memoirs of a Geisha

5. Maria Helena's rating of the film Memoirs of a Geisha

Não há nada mais frágil que a beleza. Não há nada mais doloroso que a beleza. E ao mesmo tempo, não há nada mais vazio. O conceito de beleza não é algo que se possua mas algo que nos possuí. E na decisão de entregar a vida na servidão dessa beleza, frágil, sofredora, sacrificasse o valor humano de nos pertencermos e passasse a pertencer á sorte de quem deseja mais a intocabilidade da beleza. Nunca do amor.

6. Kevin Costner's rating of the film Memoirs of a Geisha

7. efekan's rating of the film Memoirs of a Geisha

it wasnt good enough that i expected

8. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Memoirs of a Geisha

9. ehk2's rating of the film Memoirs of a Geisha

how do they heat those Chinese houses, ups, sorry Japanese houses?

10. RoRoRoro's rating of the film Memoirs of a Geisha

11. Superdzo's rating of the film Memoirs of a Geisha

Pretty beautiful film but a little bit boring. Book goes better

12. Анна Каренина's rating of the film Memoirs of a Geisha

13. Juli Lux's rating of the film Memoirs of a Geisha

It's a beautifull story of the life of a geisha. jealousy, privileges and making something of your life by power and self controle. It definitely was an inspirational movie for me. I can't understand why people wound't like this, besides it is a romantic version of real life.

14. LNLee's rating of the film Memoirs of a Geisha

one of my favorite films about asian culture. the actors/actresses are actually asian (it's sad how this just can't be taken for granted compared to the other racist trash that's out there--like seriously yellow/black-face in 2014 with movies like EXODUS...really?!) and they actually did their research. also an actual attempt of making sayuri into a strong woman instead of a standard geisha stereotype.

15. marcorenton's rating of the film Memoirs of a Geisha

Poor execution of an ok-book.

16. richardlawrn's rating of the film Memoirs of a Geisha

I tried to watch this film when I was younger but I couldn't go further after the first 20 minutes. Today I randomly picked it and I was blown away! The story, the actors, the art direction... all too perfect. Almost ten years later, I was able to enjoy such piece of art!

17. Andreia Coutinho's rating of the film Memoirs of a Geisha

Fascinating :) Though would have prefer it in Japanese.

18. Ogtoma's rating of the film Memoirs of a Geisha

I don't know why I wasted my time watching film like this. My taste changed. Weird

19. Murat Erdem's rating of the film Memoirs of a Geisha

20. Andreea Stoica's rating of the film Memoirs of a Geisha

"She paints her face to hide her face. Her eyes are deep water. It is not for Geisha to want. It is not for geisha to feel. Geisha is an artist of the floating world. She dances, she sings. She entertains you, whatever you want. The rest is shadows, the rest is secret." --- extremely beautiful film. mysterious, seductive, yet very soft and delicate, a great insight into the world of Geishas

21. Ros69's rating of the film Memoirs of a Geisha

Meglio Geisha che Yujo. Si può essere artiste del sesso, meglio sarebbe Geishe della e nella vita.

22. HeadGEAR's rating of the film Memoirs of a Geisha

For me one of the worst book adaptations ever.

23. Starshine's rating of the film Memoirs of a Geisha

24. lukewarneke's rating of the film Memoirs of a Geisha

A shame that such dedicated artistic direction/costuming/cinematography was used on such a terrible screenplay.