1. -REM-'s rating of the film Memories of Matsuko

2. film_lies101's rating of the film Memories of Matsuko

Perhaps the most cheerfully depressing film ever made. I certainly admire the ambitious reach of this film, though I'm less certain of what the ultimate message is. The constant mawkish, maudlin sentiments undercut any type of profundity the film might have. The terrible CGI looks horribly dated and music videos are jarring. I really wanted to love this as I was a HUGE fan of 'Kamikaze Girls' but this was such a disa

3. Jazz's rating of the film Memories of Matsuko

Visually stunning! A delightful sadness. It reflects all the aspects of life. Colourful and colourless memories at the same time. True gem

4. Kevin Costner's rating of the film Memories of Matsuko

5. pintobean's rating of the film Memories of Matsuko

One of my favorites. A beautifully shot film with so much color and a really vibrant storyline. You really feel for Matsuko. And the musicccc, it's brilliant. Love!!

6. marco's rating of the film Memories of Matsuko

7. Kristina Pauline's rating of the film Memories of Matsuko

Beautiful, and at times heartbreaking. A film that gives you insight on how living so often falls within the spectrum of tragedy and joy.

8. Valentin Alexandru's rating of the film Memories of Matsuko

9. Adam Whybray's rating of the film Memories of Matsuko

The first 20 mins are a stunning feat of aesthetic bravado but the end result left me feeling emptied in a way which did not feel useful, aesthetically gratifying or morally realistic. The use of kitsch CGI bubblegum imagery to show that happiness in hardship is delusional and yet with such a narrow focus beauty isn't given a fighting chance? We see so little of Matsuko outside of her relations w/ abusive men.

10. Chichago_'s rating of the film Memories of Matsuko

11. Wasunan T's rating of the film Memories of Matsuko

beauty in tragedies,nice interiors,colors

12. Monique's rating of the film Memories of Matsuko

Cried in japanese with some sweet j-pop to my tears. Poor Matsuko her life was so miserable and lonely

13. Makz86's rating of the film Memories of Matsuko

Very colorful, fast and extremely japanese Movie. Fantastic Soundtrack and very good Performance of the Actors. Must watch for all Japan-Lovers!

14. yoan's rating of the film Memories of Matsuko

depresi warna-warni.. karena kelam dan muram terlalu lumrah.

15. cantja's rating of the film Memories of Matsuko

one of the very few films that scarred me

16. Paolo Simeone's rating of the film Memories of Matsuko

Che fatica, tra uccellini e fiorellini è stata dura portarlo a termine.

17. Андрей's rating of the film Memories of Matsuko

So terribly sad and, at the same time, cute. I loved it. I loved every minute of it. Fantastic.

18. spinninglovestory's rating of the film Memories of Matsuko

Such a fantastic film. One of my absolute favourites. Think I could watch it all day every day forever and not get bored (maybe..)

19. purefault's rating of the film Memories of Matsuko

I think this film is the most colorful thing I've ever seen. Superbly filmed. This film carries such a tragic story, but a little bit of light always shines through.

20. Fx Ardhi Djohary's rating of the film Memories of Matsuko

Depressingly Beautiful..... sad colourful film

21. Erik Solin's rating of the film Memories of Matsuko

I made it half way through. I feel dizzy.

22. Waldi's rating of the film Memories of Matsuko

Truly epic cinematic experience. Beautiful cinematography!

23. Addiena of Mubi land's rating of the film Memories of Matsuko

Set an example for every grim fated story. Excellent & Highly recommended.

24. Gohatto's rating of the film Memories of Matsuko

This film is so beautiful and touching I find it hard to find the words to tell why you should see this film. It is so moving and a labor of love from cast and crew that it is astonishing this film did not get a much wider release. I find myself tearing up just thinking of this wonderful ode to that relative you have seemed to lose contact with. WATCH THIS FILM and discover the Memory we called Matsuko.