1. MisterColo93's rating of the film Memories of Murder

2. riraru's rating of the film Memories of Murder

Hätte schief gehen können: Mehr Charakterstudie als Krimi und zwischen den Genres wabernd. Bei vielen Szenen dachte ich, soll das jetzt Komödie sein oder Polizeikritik? Was ist das für ein Land? Wen verdächtigen sie als nächstes? Eine Ziege?

3. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Memories of Murder

4. WildCardLucas's rating of the film Memories of Murder

5. Dalibor's rating of the film Memories of Murder

Sketchy characters featured within a sketchy story didn't start off promising. But as soon as it rediscovered classical crime-drama motifs and topics, unpretentiously pairing them with a unique sense of humor and commendable film photography, the whole thing gets an interesting neo-noir makeover. Somewhere between little red riding hood and Se7en, the film possesses a surprising authenticity.

6. Dada Kubin's rating of the film Memories of Murder

Redneck jokes and slapstick violence combined with the seriousness of a serial killer drama. I’m still wondering how well did it work (although the high rating indicates that I’m rather alone thinking about it). But I did laugh at the outrageousness of the characters (mostly rather unpleasant), was shocked for a few times and if not moved then at least captivated by the ending.

7. Gustavo Leitão's rating of the film Memories of Murder

Bong Joon-Ho is a masterful director. He knows how to navigate through different emotions and moods in a way that always surprises and entices the viewer. There's the sadness. And the pathetic. There's the funny and the bizarre. In this 'Zodiac' of his, truth is like an impossible beacon that always moves away. He is an elegant but also emotional master.

8. nevertrust's rating of the film Memories of Murder

Nunca sabes lo que va a pasar después. I love it.

9. lbunuel's rating of the film Memories of Murder

A perfect thriller of epic scale. The mise-en-scène is absolutely brilliant; the pacing and acting are superb. Only after watching three times I get a grasp of how multilayered this film is - in the way it deals with politics, gender issues, authoritarianism and, obviously, filmmaking.

10. Rúben A. Jesus's rating of the film Memories of Murder

11. meepy's rating of the film Memories of Murder

How can someone take a crime mystery thriller and form it into poetic art? Bong Joon-ho can. That talented motherfker...

12. Pedro C. Pardim's rating of the film Memories of Murder

Detective park's stare into the past and its lack of resolution is as striking as Bong Joon-ho's craft. His decision to keep most of his shots long, fluid and assembled, allowed his characters to develope a much more organic and natural dinamic. There's a little bit of out-of-place humor though.

13. Igor Leoni's rating of the film Memories of Murder

3.5. A little too long but I love Joon-Ho's irony.

14. JOAO P C C QUEIROZ's rating of the film Memories of Murder

Unconventional end. Allows us to take a glance at some aspects of Korean culture.

15. T. J. Mesen's rating of the film Memories of Murder

Bong has a knack for imbuing inanimate objects with a sense of gravity, of hallowed importance, often used to contrast with the pathetic existence of his humans. The detectives represent both points of view, and carefully edited scenes with shifting tones blend the two to a climax of incompatibility and incomprehension, breaking down their core beliefs to leave behind an empty world that cannot be rationalised.

16. FISCHER's rating of the film Memories of Murder

Bienvenu film coréen qui prend le contre-pied des habituelles enquêtes policières yankees à la traditionnelle efficacité dans les films et les séries du genre, en nous proposant des pandores insignifiants et plutôt défaillants... www.cinefiches.com

17. kathmeep's rating of the film Memories of Murder

18. Filipe F. Coutinho's rating of the film Memories of Murder

Bong's powerhouse directing and unique tone really come alive in this film, juxtaposing the absolute emptiness in the doomed search for a killer (and their own identity) with the humor of the quiet moments. In the process, there's a sense we're watching a truly epic journey, both all-consuming and timeless. Truly, a great film.

19. auhasard's rating of the film Memories of Murder

20. yovargas's rating of the film Memories of Murder

A fairly run-of-the-mill "cops investigate a serial killer" story but with poorly written characters and a near-total lack of suspense or excitement. Weirdly goofy characters in what's seemingly intended to be a very dark and serious movie, making the movie neither dark nor goofy; it's mostly just dull and bland. And it's about 30 minutes too long. It gets a C-.

21. †. Kennedy Pope's rating of the film Memories of Murder

"Memories of Murder" is one of the more fascinating murder mystery films I've seen; namely because of how seemingly inept and emotionally-driven the detectives are in a time where forensic investigation isn't fully developed. Yet despite their corrupt natures, they all bring such a magnetism to the story that I found myself wishing on their success; and the way it concludes is just heartbreaking on so many levels.

22. Yumi Kaioh's rating of the film Memories of Murder

that ending frustrated me a lot

23. Luiza Tavares's rating of the film Memories of Murder