1. Naila's rating of the film Memphis

Not much happening but the visuals + soundscapes were nice and I loved the vignettes of family/community life in memphis.

2. mpho3's rating of the film Memphis

"Sutton pares down the...narrative information to the point of near self-parody [in] a film whose sense of place is tied to its inconsequence. Much of Memphis seems content to idle in the same vein as its protagonist; amiably sleepy as it is, the movie could stand to commit to any narrative direction that would place it outside the realm of cryptic inertia." - Vadim Rizov, AV Club

3. Sean Brodeur's rating of the film Memphis

Very interesting film, Willis Earl Beal is quite compelling. I had points where I thought this may be a documentary. Willis has an incredible voice, and natural feel to the character.

4. Funda Can Çuvalcı's rating of the film Memphis

2.5. I would have liked to hear more music. You can get the feeling of Memphis at the end of the film; yet the film was not that captivating as a whole for me. I liked that sentence told by the main character: "You find glory by yourself alone."

5. captainfez's rating of the film Memphis

6. dAlton Anthony's rating of the film Memphis

A stunning and frustrating film. Moody and slow, one is compelled to continue watching for the touch and feel of black Memphis. But you can call me old school if you want, and I appreciate a philosophical meditation as much as the next person, at some point a story has to have some kind of plot structure to keep it moving and the viewer in their seat.

7. LauraPalmer's rating of the film Memphis

8. tintinmugshot's rating of the film Memphis

9. Bjartur's rating of the film Memphis

beautiful trees, wish I was one.

10. henk@loftmatic.com's rating of the film Memphis

Final score: 7. Storyline: 6, Originality: 9, Cinematography: 10, Involvement: 6, Sound: 7, Editing: 9, Educational: 6, Title design: 7, Acting: 8, Interesting: 7, Unusual: 9, Exciting: 6, Superior: 7

11. Emil's rating of the film Memphis

La pelicula me parece buena, pero al no tener subtitulos he entendido muy poco. Aun asi me ha gustado.

12. Bernardo Anderson's rating of the film Memphis

A gorgeous film with absolutely no substance. Not just the story, but the characters felt empty. Like a greek god body but with no soul.

13. Andrew Birch's rating of the film Memphis

14. OLIVER-J's rating of the film Memphis

yes. easily one of, if not the best looking film from last year. Tim Sutton and DP Chris Dapkins really do some fantastic stuff. music and Willis Earl Beal were also very strong. I was immersed.