1. Renton47's rating of the film Men & Chicken

A comedy that takes place entirely in the background, in both frame and text. The script is wishy-washy, as neat and obvious as a fable, but it comes alive on screen due to committed performances and said use of horror foreground, humour back. Watched this with friends and it was effective, in a juvenile way. The dream set-up pays off.

2. James Mackin's rating of the film Men & Chicken

The slapstick and Mads Mikkelsen were the only things I enjoyed.

3. Eric Rucker's rating of the film Men & Chicken

Some excellent pratfalls and fights. Fight sound effects, too.

4. Amadeus Magnus's rating of the film Men & Chicken

5. Yugosalvia Plath's rating of the film Men & Chicken

6. Matt Richards's rating of the film Men & Chicken

Wonderful dark humour! Absurdism that is intelligent and so, so wrong. Mads is fantastic in this beautifully imaginitive musing on family dysfunction. 4 stars

7. Benjamin Bland's rating of the film Men & Chicken

Becomes a bit predictable in latter stages, but some hilarious moments in the first half especially.

8. MATTEO BITTANTI's rating of the film Men & Chicken

A mash-up of Dr. Mengele's experiments, a Cocorosie music video, a Bruce Conner's installation, and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre which raises the bar in the bestiality genre. There is definitely something rotten in Denmark.

9. Jason's rating of the film Men & Chicken

This thing is trying. Trying. To the extent that it risks herniating itself. But also strangely bland. The real problem is that it wants to be wacky and fancy free, but you can see it setting all its meager ducks (chickens?) in a row from a mile a way. Contrivance. I could feel this stupid thing trying to entertain me. Made me sad. Also: same kind of airy-fairy humanism that was on display in Adam's Apples. Blech.

10. arbuzum's rating of the film Men & Chicken

Deeply dissapointed...As i remember, Adams apples was much more funny and meaningful in intelectual way. The main idea about acceptance probably nice, but definitely possible to find another form to express it. To much absurd does not make comedy "darker".

11. Marco Pierrard's rating of the film Men & Chicken

7/10 Complétement décalé, Men & Chicken jongle avec les sujets scabreux et l’assume totalement. Pour les amateurs d’humour noir à l’estomac bien accroché. Chronique complète à lire sur Citazine : http://www.citazine.fr/article/men-chicken-delirante-quete-identite-bestiale

12. Mario Tomchev's rating of the film Men & Chicken

Mads proves once again he's a masterclass performer of any form and genre in another Scandinavian comedy shot in an awesome deserted castle-like full of animals

13. cinegeek.de's rating of the film Men & Chicken

Gibt es auch Tragikomödien für Leute, die über Sodomie lachen können? Anders Thomas Jensen kann das und übertrifft sich noch einmal selbst an Geschmacklosigkeiten, die fast an die ganz harten Brocken ihrer Art heranreichen. Die schwärzeste Komödie des Jahres wirkt aber auch wie ein Forschungsprojekt über Genetik... mehr auf cinegeek.de

14. vordven's rating of the film Men & Chicken

15. Ronja's rating of the film Men & Chicken

not my cup of tea. lately danish black humor pisses me off. on the other hand, this film has the weirdest dialogues i have ever had to translate and that's fun!

16. Lutka's rating of the film Men & Chicken

17. galuh indri's rating of the film Men & Chicken

So weird I love it! To wrap it off: dog rules owl sucks.

18. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Men & Chicken

Mads is amazing. At absolutely no time do you feel like he is going to eat his brothers, despite how tasty they might be. As ashamed as you might be of your family, remember that you can always put them in a cage.

19. Dada Kubin's rating of the film Men & Chicken

Not as funny as I expected, but for that a lot smarter. I usually don't like it when in the end all answers are given, but this time it was worth it. This weird movie about a freak family goes well off the limits regarding good taste but when the secrets are revealed, it all makes sense. Even the excessive masturbation.

20. eek's rating of the film Men & Chicken