1. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Menashe

2. Renton47's rating of the film Menashe

It's odd to complain that something so concerned with insularity is too singular. Insularity of community, and of one member against that community. And perhaps my outsider's perspective prevented me seeing how Menashe was both rebel and "extremist". Observations that left me alienated, perhaps purposefully, against the inept Menashe. But, appreciate the lack of message.

3. Dogville59's rating of the film Menashe

Spoiler alert. What I liked about this film is that it didn't follow a typical Hollywood trajectory wherein Menashe would have become independent and "escaped" with his son as if that would be a good thing. It also didn't portray Menashe as perfect. In the situation laid out before us I think Menashe did the reasonable and sensible thing. Also I liked how we get to see the everyday life of the New York Hasidic people

4. Carlos Filipe Freitas's rating of the film Menashe

Weinstein’s ability to notch up the dramatic side of the story without bringing manipulative tricks into play is praiseworthy. His work serves up a tart platter that gives you food for thought.

5. smndvdcl's rating of the film Menashe

Joshua Weinstein (no relation to Harvey) has made a delightfully humane film, entirely in Yiddish, of the ultra-orthodox Hasidic Jew community in Brooklyn, NY. As a counterpoint to perfectly decent liberal Jewish representatives in MSM, it's refreshing to gain a clearer perspective on the lives of devout believers. It's the mundane realism of this tale which makes it so engaging. A compelling spectating experience.

6. Django's rating of the film Menashe

A small film even by small film standards but its scope perfectly fits the scale of the story of a man trying to navigate between his personal desires, his commitment to his traditions, and his responsibility to his family. I could have added an extra star just for the delicate performances and the chemistry between the father (Lustig) and son (Niborski).

7. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film Menashe

If the Dardennes directed a film about Orthodox Jews in Brooklyn. Also it's such a priviledge watching a Yiddish language film.

8. MarcusArcus's rating of the film Menashe