1. Bilouaustria's rating of the film Merrily We Go to Hell

CINEMA _ The actresses are always good when playing for Dorothy Arzner. So is Sylvia Sidney here, as beautiful as ever. March is convincing as a drunkard (he even reminded me of "The lost week-end"). You can see it all coming but still the storytelling makes it a solid film. Too few women directing picture films in Hollywood, that is for sure.

2. cansu m's rating of the film Merrily We Go to Hell

can fredric march not be so incredibly handsome tho

3. Christopher Taylor's rating of the film Merrily We Go to Hell

Miles ahead of it's time, and nestled in that pre-code sweet spot, Merrily We Got To Hell is a thoroughly modern morality tale that transcends it's own genre via compelling characterizations and unflinching attitude. In it, you see the early sketches of the medium exploring human complexity instead of commodified narrative.

4. Diderot's rating of the film Merrily We Go to Hell

March and Sidney are both great in this surprisingly uncharacteristic cautionary tale. It'll have you wishing you could marry a charming alcoholic, too.

5. N. C.'s rating of the film Merrily We Go to Hell

Gosh, I hated the end so so much, How stupid.

6. Hugo Poderoso's rating of the film Merrily We Go to Hell

She's a distant relative: She's my wife.

7. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Merrily We Go to Hell

***1/2. For once, social class differences are not responsible for the heroes' breakup, alcoholism is. Highly recommended, though.

8. Irma Vep's rating of the film Merrily We Go to Hell

Sylvia Sidney's performance destroys me, every time.

9. Owen Sound's rating of the film Merrily We Go to Hell

Fredric March looks surprisingly adorable passed out drunk.

10. goeienag's rating of the film Merrily We Go to Hell

What a cute bittersweet film. Joan is such a pitiful character, despite the fact that Jerry is the drunk. Yet, I love them together.