1. Aivaras_Z's rating of the film Mesrine: Killer Instinct

The plot gets a bit too choppy in this one, as the director tries to run through as much of Mesrine's life as possible. Still, a nice and tense flick, with Cassel kicking ass as usual.

2. RoRoRoro's rating of the film Mesrine: Killer Instinct

3. Saule Mickeviciute's rating of the film Mesrine: Killer Instinct

4. klofter's rating of the film Mesrine: Killer Instinct

A bonbon-colored pastiche of gangster cliches that's all surface, no substance. Cassel was, of course, born to play this sort of role, but even he can't breathe life into this. It's too bad because the subject and cultural environment this takes place in is interesting. Richet just doesn't know what to do with it.

5. Beverly Jan's rating of the film Mesrine: Killer Instinct

This kept me interested, but I was expecting it to be more engrossing. It moved too quickly and there wasn't much character development. But then I read about the real Mesrine and the film only covers a small part of his crimes so put it into context. This dude was seriously bad, too much for two films, perhaps. And so was the Canadian prison system, it seems. Cassel is fantastic but I won't watch the 2nd part.

6. Squashua's rating of the film Mesrine: Killer Instinct

A slick ride but weirdly superficial for a biopic based on the memoirs of the title character. Hard to really get into any character development when every other scene involves whipping out a pistol before killing off everyone but Mesrine. The only thing bumping this over the average line is Vincent Cassel who brings lashings of menace and a generally DGAF attitude to the role. Can't say i'm too fussed about Part 2.

7. Mandana's rating of the film Mesrine: Killer Instinct

Some great camera work, an engaging story throughout, and some brilliant acting - all the ingredients for a film worth watching.

8. raggiodisole's rating of the film Mesrine: Killer Instinct

high-quality biog, Vincent Cassel in top form

9. A Man Named Price's rating of the film Mesrine: Killer Instinct

What we're introduced to after the mesmerising intro credits sequence is a hurricane of superb performances, teeth ruining tension, and precise brutality. The resulting product from the whirlwind is Mesrine: Killer Instinct, a film that's second to none. http://bit.ly/1e3mGuz

10. stan's rating of the film Mesrine: Killer Instinct

super, cant wait to see next part

11. kay's rating of the film Mesrine: Killer Instinct

Inconsistent pacing, one-dimensional characters, won't be bothering with 2nd part, shame as it should have made an interesting story.

12. tomfdzv@gmail.com's rating of the film Mesrine: Killer Instinct

13. Kevan Brighting's rating of the film Mesrine: Killer Instinct

Superb and subversive. Vincent Cassel is magnificent!

14. clancy108@mac.com's rating of the film Mesrine: Killer Instinct

Was tolerable at the beginning but soon descended into a mindless teenage fantasy, especially when the one-dimensional gangsteress appeared. Fast forwarded my way through the last hour of this overlong turdfest.

15. Anna Lovatt's rating of the film Mesrine: Killer Instinct

There's a lot of big words that reviewers on here sprinkle about like unicorn dust. It seems everyone is capable of in depth pro-style critical analysis these days. So i will keep this simple.... Great movie, well shot. Not exactly Scorsese, but exciting enough to keep you engaged. Give it a go. There, that wasnt to hard was it?

16. Sabrina Hubert's rating of the film Mesrine: Killer Instinct

Ein Film, der alle unwichtigen Szenen einfach weglässt, genial!

17. Albrecht B. Christoph's rating of the film Mesrine: Killer Instinct

Schon echt irgendwie cool. Vor allem hervorragend gespielt. Insgesamt hätte aber ein Film gut gereicht.

18. Stefan Drees's rating of the film Mesrine: Killer Instinct

Intriguing movie with excellent camera work: look especially at the split screen sequence at the beginning with its simultaneity of successive moments or the camera movements within closed rooms and narrow spaces… And I think Vincent Cassel is brilliant - like a tightrope dancer living on the edgde and trying not not lose his balance.

19. Nicole's rating of the film Mesrine: Killer Instinct

Ich liebe Vincent Cassel und der Trailer sah interessant aus und wer kann ahnen dass der ganze Film ein einziger Trailer ist.Der Charakter des Protagonisten ist viel zu einseitig und einfach gestrickt, schade, bei so einem tollen Schauspieler.Schlechtes Drehbuch und sehr oft wirklich unfreiwillig komisch.

20. Zachary Curl's rating of the film Mesrine: Killer Instinct

this is coming to my local arthouse next month, so i'm desperately working at not watching this somewhere else.

21. MWinzar's rating of the film Mesrine: Killer Instinct

My baby niece saw the DVD cover of Vincent Cassel's grumpy face and noticed a resemblance to her father. This is mainly funny to me, I admit.

22. Floyd Webb's rating of the film Mesrine: Killer Instinct

French Gangsterism extraordinaire...

23. MostlyDead's rating of the film Mesrine: Killer Instinct

(I am talking about parts one and two here.) Killer Instinct feels like build-up for Jacques Mesrine, while PENO gets toned down a bit, which I guess allows everone to breathe. I highly reccomend that one should see both films in one sitting because there are some things that won't make sense if you see only one part. See both films and everything will come full circle.

24. rowdyman's rating of the film Mesrine: Killer Instinct

Mesrine is a sociopath with a crooked smile but this film never really gets beyond that. We never really know more than his bullying, explosive temper and inane self-made rules of manhood. At times it reminded me of The Bader-Meinhoff Complex and at others of A Prophet or Bronson. The segments set in Quebec are choppy and that's where the story takes an unfocused turn. Good, but not as good as advertised.