1. Tigrão's rating of the film Mesrine: Killer Instinct

The most uninteresting gangster character ever. Like, completely unidimensional. But the film is not bad, and it works okay.

2. film_lies101's rating of the film Mesrine: Killer Instinct

The film is fun once you you get past the split screen montage bullshit, I seriously almost turned it off.

3. J. O.'s rating of the film Mesrine: Killer Instinct

This film is nearly as mesmerizing, complex, charismatic, yet utterly brutal and uncompromising, as its titular character, Jacques Mesrine. Cassel plays the part beautifully, and the rest of the film tries to keep up. Gorgeous camera work follow great fast-paced scenes and knuckle-whitening action. Overall, a wonderful introduction and ultimately a perfect set up for the next film.

4. Christopher M. Jones's rating of the film Mesrine: Killer Instinct

Someone forgot to tell the screenwriters that if you have a completely unlikable protagonist you need to at least make something INTERESTING about him. Vicious characters are only compelling if they have some sort of personality and Cassel's two settings are Stock Gangster and Totally Insane, with nothing in between. No joke, my favorite part of this movie was when they were torturing the shit out of him in prison.

5. James Cavet's rating of the film Mesrine: Killer Instinct

Right up there with Scarface and I mean that. It might be a different country, a different era, maybe even a bit of a different life but the underlying themes are still the same. It's about as epic a gangster film as you can get with very little cliche.

6. angelicidea's rating of the film Mesrine: Killer Instinct

A good performance by Vincent Cassell in this solid action flick.

7. Roberto Russo's rating of the film Mesrine: Killer Instinct

Fun and unpretencious gangster flick. Gotta watch part 2 soon enough. Cassel is the coolest actor around for about sometime now.

8. Olivia Reneé Saldívar's rating of the film Mesrine: Killer Instinct

9. britney spears's rating of the film Mesrine: Killer Instinct

It felt like they had to cut out a lot of the book from the film. It was good anyway.

10. mpho3's rating of the film Mesrine: Killer Instinct

I wanted to like this more, but it was so choppy. Cassel rocks though.

11. Eloi MV's rating of the film Mesrine: Killer Instinct

Good 1st half, not too good 2nd half. A lot manichean, pretty classic and looks like they trying to say to much in too little time. But still entertaining.

12. Phoenix Rising's rating of the film Mesrine: Killer Instinct

Pretty average film, but I reserve judgment for part 2.

13. Paddy Misfit's rating of the film Mesrine: Killer Instinct

As much as I love Cassel's performance, I gotta say very average film.

14. oki's rating of the film Mesrine: Killer Instinct

Disappointing and flimsy. Use of split screen and mirrors was annoying and more or less pointless.

15. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Mesrine: Killer Instinct

I already liked a lot Richet's previous film, a remake of Carpenter's ASSAULT ON PRECINCT 13. Now, with KILLER INSTINCT, Richet strikes at a French myth : Jacques Mesrine. The opening credits are, in my opinion, absolutely great and Richet gives a Peckinpahian calibre to this criminal who believes in morals among outlaws. Three French Academy awards : Best Director, Best Actor and Best Sound. Highly recommended.

16. Julesallen's rating of the film Mesrine: Killer Instinct

Read my review of MESRINE: KILLER INSTINCT for Reverse Shot here: http://www.reverseshot.com/article/mesrine

17. MATTEO BITTANTI's rating of the film Mesrine: Killer Instinct