1. ejonline's rating of the film Metallica: Some Kind of Monster

This is a bit of an odd movie. On the one hand, the band invited the film makers in during a period of intense turmoil, and they apparently were not concerned about what was being captured. On the other hand, the band comes across as particularly attuned to themselves as a commodity and making sure they, as product, are reading the market correctly. This disjunction is more interesting than the music they are making.

2. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film Metallica: Some Kind of Monster

Interesting character portrait of the musicians during their most troubled period. It give some interesting background to the band but it would have been nice to have seen and heard a couple of whole song performances or a full concert to make this film perfect. There could have been a little less whining from Dave Mustaine too as it is sad to see him still dwelling on the past like this as a ditched, bitter ex-wife.

3. Nathan Silva's rating of the film Metallica: Some Kind of Monster

Basically a guide on how to make the worst album ever produced.

4. Christopher M. Jones's rating of the film Metallica: Some Kind of Monster

"It's just that I'm kind of used to the drummer playing the............beat...............part"

5. Clayton Wong's rating of the film Metallica: Some Kind of Monster

I wanted to watch this movie when I was thirteen and really into Metallica. I didn't get a chance to until very recently. I think my thirteen-year-old self and I would disagree a lot about this movie and about the members of Metallica during this period of their lives.

6. Thomas Dods's rating of the film Metallica: Some Kind of Monster

The beginning of the end for the band who used to be at the forefront of heavy music. A probe into a band who have run out of ideas and therefore can't function together as a unit. Whilst fascinating, the intimacy is at times difficult to watch and the mystique of the band is shattered forever. The scene where Lars' father takes a metaphorical dump on he album when it's played to him is just too much....

7. LuísMarques's rating of the film Metallica: Some Kind of Monster

8. Dear Crying,'s rating of the film Metallica: Some Kind of Monster

There is nothing more gratifying than watching self-serious machismo exposed for all its petty disfunction and buffoonery before the camera's lens. This movie is a spot-on depiction of the opposition between mass media expectations, capitalist interests and "art."

9. Onbestendig's rating of the film Metallica: Some Kind of Monster

10. Clayton's rating of the film Metallica: Some Kind of Monster

11. Ariana Black's rating of the film Metallica: Some Kind of Monster

12. Mandana's rating of the film Metallica: Some Kind of Monster

Skipped through it mainly. Didn't find much depth to much that was said overall.

13. Robert Brown's rating of the film Metallica: Some Kind of Monster

First off, I don't particularly like Metallica, however, I found this fascinating, a huge band imploding...

14. Karen's rating of the film Metallica: Some Kind of Monster

\m/ These guys are totally messed up, but I think that's why their fans love them - because they relate to them :)

15. Bobowood's rating of the film Metallica: Some Kind of Monster

16. nickolia's rating of the film Metallica: Some Kind of Monster

incredibly uninteresting.

17. Eostig Louet's rating of the film Metallica: Some Kind of Monster

The Thing that should not Let it Be: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lz1PtyYCrZQ

18. Dominic Athanasiou's rating of the film Metallica: Some Kind of Monster

19. aureliandroid's rating of the film Metallica: Some Kind of Monster

20. mpho3's rating of the film Metallica: Some Kind of Monster

Kudos to the filmmakers – these guys are pure Spinal Tap. My only complaint is that it was an hour too long. I mean how long you can watch a bunch of aged rock stars whine?

21. HEDONIST's rating of the film Metallica: Some Kind of Monster

This documentary treads a thin line between the laudatory and the satirical. Genius. More great work from Berlinger.

22. Marshall Staxx's rating of the film Metallica: Some Kind of Monster

23. Samantha Kate's rating of the film Metallica: Some Kind of Monster

How the filmmakers never realized how hilarious this is, I'll never know.

24. fabridoss's rating of the film Metallica: Some Kind of Monster

Metallica in the 80's: jobs. Metallica in the 00's: professions.