1. Elena's rating of the film Metropolis

The origin of all sci-fi/dystopian movies

2. BenNash's rating of the film Metropolis

Every bit as good as everything that's come after it.

3. Freddie's rating of the film Metropolis

The dizzyingly frenetic dream/dance sequence is one of the most visceral and fascinating ever put on film.

4. Samuel T.'s rating of the film Metropolis

16mm, sans score. Feeding frenzy eternal.

5. Howard Orr's rating of the film Metropolis

More a hyperbolic, nightmare version of the Fordist production line, mapped onto the social structures of the 1920s than a sci-fi vision of the future. At its heart is perhaps the death of a tragic, mythic world, and how this can be confronted; in this cerainly I feel it is a sequel to Lang's "Niebelungen". The brilliant idea of the femme fatale as demagogue (social seductress) was not developed by subsequent films.

6. Kadjavsi's rating of the film Metropolis

7. icaandy's rating of the film Metropolis

"The mediator of the head and the hands must be the heart".

8. FISCHER's rating of the film Metropolis

Un inaltérable et inoubliable classique et chef-d'oeuvre du Septième Art... www.cinefiches.com

9. Madeleine Davis's rating of the film Metropolis

movie that shaped my teen years! love the iconic

10. elenagallen's rating of the film Metropolis

It's not with the eyes that this needs to be watched.

11. Sacha Raphard's rating of the film Metropolis

Un contexte aujourd'hui un peu classique mais super cool pour l'époque. Et y'a ce charme inimitable des films muets, avec les acteurs qui jouent beaucoup du corps et des yeux avec des maquillages improbables.

12. VincentVendetta's rating of the film Metropolis

I know Fritz Lang didn't like that movie very much in retrospect, thought that ending about the head and the hand was artificial, fake... but I don't care, it's still super well directed!

13. Fay Daon's rating of the film Metropolis

14. Raum's rating of the film Metropolis

15. VivianDarkbloom's rating of the film Metropolis

16. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Metropolis

17. Bertrand Queysan's rating of the film Metropolis

18. Lord_Beria's rating of the film Metropolis

19. Matthew Catanzano's rating of the film Metropolis

Wow, what a difficult film to critique, I think I may need to watch it again, and I've already seen it twice.

20. Will Thede's rating of the film Metropolis

I have an affinity for water-soaked-city-exploding third acts. Fritz Lang is a legend and this film is legendary.

21. Shawn Spitler's rating of the film Metropolis

22. Neil troost's rating of the film Metropolis

one of the best movies ever made-too often said for crap when in this case its both real and an understatement. elements done before sound still not bested. great story fantastic sets drama and art. still transcendent.

23. Samuel Wells's rating of the film Metropolis

This is one of the the most magnificent films that exist, each moment is perfectly crafted. From the cinematography to the score. Symbolism and narrative. The films hits every note with craft and mastery in a way that will rarely be met in the years since and I do not imagine this run to end. The film envisions a dystopia that is far too believable and forward thinking to our time. One of the greats.

24. ronny's rating of the film Metropolis

this movie is everything. so many works of art post-1927 took something from "Metropolis." it's an incredible experience seeing this for the first time, and catching all the tropes from all your favorite movies.