1. Barrett.'s rating of the film Metropolitan

I usually wouldn't like watching a group of people like this but the the script is witty, self deprecating and at times funny which made this enjoyable.

2. steeeeellaaaaa's rating of the film Metropolitan

reminds me a little of the breakfast club, but with rich kids. still good, though

3. kinotopia's rating of the film Metropolitan

Stillman must have been a Woody Allen fanboy who found out that Woody Allen does bad Eric Rohmer ripoffs and then proceeded to make a smarmier remake of "Suzanne's Career" that nobody asked for but white indie movie critics titillatingly embraced.

4. Sara Gaspar's rating of the film Metropolitan

5. gld48's rating of the film Metropolitan

Charming and intelligent. Typical Stillman.

6. ReineS's rating of the film Metropolitan

uhb – upper haute bourgeoisie. Does that really exist? A try out for all protagonists to see that they are not doomed to fail in this case. At least as peers.

7. LauraPalmer's rating of the film Metropolitan

Rewatched and re-loved. twitter.com/moontchock/status/804569178430644224

8. Aardsy's rating of the film Metropolitan

Finding acceptance is hard.

9. Peach's rating of the film Metropolitan

10. Christopher McQuain's rating of the film Metropolitan

****1/2 Would make a very apt double (or triple) feature with either or both of two films with salient overlaps: FEMALE TROUBLE (montage and stasis sharply cultivated to buoy the films' brilliantly comedic-declamatory natures) and CAROL (blown-up super 16 paradoxically(?) "grit"less, instead adding immeasurable elegance, texture, distance, and melancholy to its composed, alluring, fraught urban past).

11. s.birowo's rating of the film Metropolitan

I am very much liking the conversation eventuated in the film

12. Mark Tallo's rating of the film Metropolitan

It was a comedy but it really was not very funny. I guess I was not in on the joke.

13. João R's rating of the film Metropolitan

I really liked it, then I didn't, then I did - and it was a loop. In the end, it leaves a bittersweet feeling all over, for sure. I'm still confused.

14. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Metropolitan

What an incredible debut! Normally I hated these type of people. The young, rich and entitled. He makes them sympathetic.

15. Ruiz Buñuel's rating of the film Metropolitan

These people have nothing going on. In a way that's the whole point, but it's still just people talking about people and no one is likable. It doesn't amount to much more than a common soap.

16. Ebru Yörükoğlu's rating of the film Metropolitan

as Roger Ebert wisely said, "if Scott Fitzgerald were to return to life, he would feel at home in a Whit Stillman movie."

17. miles's rating of the film Metropolitan

i feel rather full after that.

18. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film Metropolitan

19. patchwork's rating of the film Metropolitan

un film che fa dei propri difetti il proprio punto di forza. L'andamento piano e stralunato unito all'improbabilità dell'assunto (i turbamenti amorosi dei giovani borghesi ricchi newyorkesi) funzionano e creano un amalgama sufficientemente ironico e scanzonato da prendere, facendo perdonare anche gli inevitabili giri a vuoto della parte finale (quando esce di scena anche il personaggio più interessante del gruppo)

20. Diderot's rating of the film Metropolitan

Anyone who thinks that Stillman's movies are just a more pretentious version of one of his own characters doesn't really know how to deal with fiction. This movie is often startlingly intelligent about the world it's presenting. And even better, it's hilarious: "The Surrealists were just a bunch of social climbers."

21. tintinmugshot's rating of the film Metropolitan

The characters have no charisma, bad and boring dialogues, dated. It's a kind of movie focused mostly in existential dialogues, a plague that invaded the 90's independent cinema (with good and bad experiences). Beverly Hills 90210 for "mature" audiences.

22. Ethan's rating of the film Metropolitan

This is a solid film with good dialogue and structure but it loses a star because of the dumbass lead. I grow tired of the blind lead who can't see all the great things in front of him until it's too late. That sweet girl loved him but he was too stupid to realize it. To me the shit is getting old.

23. Emily O's rating of the film Metropolitan

24. Janae's rating of the film Metropolitan

Holiday party dress inspiration for dayssss.