1. Josh's rating of the film Metropolitan

Never have I cared so little about such clunky acting. The amateurishness of the cast brings surprising credibility and charm to a tale of some very boojie little brats and the boys and girls who love them. Dry, funny and very good.

2. C'est Bastien's rating of the film Metropolitan

3. Log Lady's rating of the film Metropolitan

"I couldn't believe you're actually going to play bridge, such a cliché of bourgeois life." "That's exactly why I play. I don't enjoy it one bit." Jesus Christ. To think I actually thought watching these entitled little shits would be a good idea. I get the point, I get why it's supposed to be funny, and how the concept of a modern comedy of manners would apply, but this is just boring tripe.

4. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film Metropolitan

Unusual Academy Award nomination from Hollywood to an independent movie about upper-class people, but it is a well deserved nominee as the film is full of good dialogue and characters that have two facets (the one that they show everyone and the one that they hold secret to themselves) as they aspire to be perfect but probably will end up as failures.

5. postblueink's rating of the film Metropolitan

6/10 (07. 01. 2018). great first part, perfect character of Nick and view but very weak second part. it's not a bad film but only 3/5 and 6/10 for me.

6. Ieva Šukytė's rating of the film Metropolitan

7. LETTERBOXD.COM/XESCIE's rating of the film Metropolitan

8. Barrett.'s rating of the film Metropolitan

I usually wouldn't like watching a group of people like this but the the script is witty, self deprecating and at times funny which made this enjoyable.

9. steeeeellaaaaa (Iulia N)'s rating of the film Metropolitan

reminds me a little of the breakfast club, but with rich kids. still good, though

10. kinotopia's rating of the film Metropolitan

Stillman must have been a Woody Allen fanboy who found out that Woody Allen does bad Eric Rohmer ripoffs and then proceeded to make a smarmier remake of "Suzanne's Career" that nobody asked for but white indie movie critics titillatingly embraced.

11. Sara Gaspar's rating of the film Metropolitan

12. gld48's rating of the film Metropolitan

Charming and intelligent. Typical Stillman.

13. ReineS's rating of the film Metropolitan

uhb – upper haute bourgeoisie. Does that really exist? A try out for all protagonists to see that they are not doomed to fail in this case. At least as peers.

14. LauraPalmer's rating of the film Metropolitan

Rewatched and re-loved. twitter.com/moontchock/status/804569178430644224

15. Aardsy's rating of the film Metropolitan

Finding acceptance is hard.

16. Peach's rating of the film Metropolitan

17. Christopher McQuain's rating of the film Metropolitan

****1/2 Would make a very apt double (or triple) feature with either or both of two films with salient overlaps: FEMALE TROUBLE (montage and stasis sharply cultivated to buoy the films' brilliantly comedic-declamatory natures) and CAROL (blown-up super 16 paradoxically(?) "grit"less, instead adding immeasurable elegance, texture, distance, and melancholy to its composed, alluring, fraught urban past).

18. s.birowo's rating of the film Metropolitan

I am very much liking the conversation eventuated in the film

19. Mark Tallo's rating of the film Metropolitan

It was a comedy but it really was not very funny. I guess I was not in on the joke.

20. João R's rating of the film Metropolitan

I really liked it, then I didn't, then I did - and it was a loop. In the end, it leaves a bittersweet feeling all over, for sure. I'm still confused.

21. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Metropolitan

What an incredible debut! Normally I hated these type of people. The young, rich and entitled. He makes them sympathetic.

22. Ruiz Buñuel's rating of the film Metropolitan

These people have nothing going on. In a way that's the whole point, but it's still just people talking about people and no one is likable. It doesn't amount to much more than a common soap.

23. Ebru Yörükoğlu's rating of the film Metropolitan

as Roger Ebert wisely said, "if Scott Fitzgerald were to return to life, he would feel at home in a Whit Stillman movie."

24. miles's rating of the film Metropolitan

i feel rather full after that.

← Previous 1 3 4