1. msmichel's rating of the film Mi niña mi vida

Quite striking short shot in an amusement park in Montreal that captures the feelings and loneliness of a man estranged from his wife and daughter. Just the right length and cleverly told.

2. amanda wild's rating of the film Mi niña mi vida

3. Rachel Tyler's rating of the film Mi niña mi vida

Phenomenal camera work. Heartbreaking plot without beating you over the head with it.

4. dominique s.'s rating of the film Mi niña mi vida

Very moving short film with lots of great shots.

5. zeroteque's rating of the film Mi niña mi vida

A juxtaposition of loneliness and grief amidst (what we feel should be) a fun environment, this short utilized the atmosphere and imagery of an amusement park to accentuate the man's situation. There are happy children, colors, families, food, and rides surrounded by sounds of glee all around the one image of a man with a stuffed bear. You're continually brought into the short by the tracking shots only to sympathize

6. Rhondo Alameda's rating of the film Mi niña mi vida

7. Mr. Jefferson's rating of the film Mi niña mi vida

Mi Niña Mi Vida demonstrated a very precise and laudatory technical ability, as well as achieving a lot of memorable images aesthetically. More importantly though, we're engaged in a moment of something very profound and moving near the end to make this ride really worth it. This is an example of a great short film.

8. Noah Lethbridge's rating of the film Mi niña mi vida

Fact: there happen to be a LOT of really great Canadian films. This is one of them.

9. Duncan Gray's rating of the film Mi niña mi vida

A really lovely short! I love the vibe and the long takes, which show great skill in expressing themes and moods visually. Even the 3rd act reveal, which initially struck me as melodramatic, seems more earnest the more I think about it.