1. Louis Léonard's rating of the film Miami Blues

American version of Bresson's Pickpocket with a coked up Alec Baldwin.

2. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film Miami Blues

Some thoughts: I'm from a terrible city, and Jennifer Jason Leigh should have stayed in Okeechobee. Jennifer Jason Leigh is heartbreakingly good. Alec Baldwin is hot. This movie thinks cops are stupid, which made me like this movie.

3. Steve G.'s rating of the film Miami Blues

What's a bigger insult for a cop - having your gun stolen or your dentures?

4. Blumes's rating of the film Miami Blues

a fun and tight indulgence. I like when Fred Ward makes a vase out of his hospital cup.

5. Laurs Kemp's rating of the film Miami Blues

Demme should have directed.

6. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Miami Blues

Five movies like Miami Blues a year and, believe me, the American dream is over. The only character who seems to know the difference between right or wrong is a young hooker whose sole desire in life is to become the ideal American housewife of the 50's. Fortunately, Honor is safe because Baldwin loses his fingers and Fred Ward his teeth in the end. Recommended.

7. Jason's rating of the film Miami Blues

Armitage knows how to rig up an expert piss-take of American mores and modes. Miami Blues is loopy, man. A favorite from way back. At this point in time Jennifer Jason Leigh was on fire. She breaks my heart mercilessly in a movie that is essentially staged as berserk frivolity. I still have the exact same crush on her I had when I was thirteen. Bladwin is working in the exact right register for the screenplay.

8. Polyglot's rating of the film Miami Blues

Jennifer Jason Leigh making biscuits and shopping at Piggly Wiggly. 3 1/2 Stars. ♥_♥

9. Jamie Scott-Dyson's rating of the film Miami Blues

"I could have everything and anything that I want, only I don't know what I want"-This seems to be the anithesis of Baldwin's charecter. As a time piece it's an interesting reflection on the greedy 80's whilst containing some truely tender and funny moments. As a film it's an aimless anomaly. Drifting from one happening to the next with little attempt to deepen mood, charecter or plot. Strangely I still liked it. 3/5

10. Jim Galivan's rating of the film Miami Blues

Alec Baldwin is so hilarious in this movie -- robbing gang bangers with a squirt gun! LOVE IT.

11. PETE GCDB's rating of the film Miami Blues

Thazz alotta money mang. Ack Ack Ack Ack

12. ryan birch's rating of the film Miami Blues

Pretty great neo-noir. Deserves to be more widely known.

13. Cbarky99's rating of the film Miami Blues

"Don't worry lady, I'll call an ambulance now....on the radio in my police car. Yeah. I'll be right back."

14. film_lies101's rating of the film Miami Blues

The finest satire of a noir film. By the way, Ryan Gosling is totally the new Alec Baldwin but not as awesome

15. Stephen Campbell's rating of the film Miami Blues

A film contaning Alec Baldwin in one of his best roles

16. Effendi Ben Smith-Malick's rating of the film Miami Blues

Fred Ward was billed as the lead. In some alternate world (1990) this movie was supposed to be some lighthearted Dirty Harry shit. K...

17. Christopher M. Jones's rating of the film Miami Blues

Gotta be one of the most underrated crime movies ever, and definitely one of the most bizarre.

18. Easton Dubois's rating of the film Miami Blues

I prefer thin serious Alec over fat funny Alec

19. Omar Antonio Iturriaga's rating of the film Miami Blues

Reminds me quite a bit of Herzog's 'Bad Lieutenant'.

20. Manfred's rating of the film Miami Blues

"I had to give him the benefit of the doubt. He always ate everything I ever gave him and he never hit me."